You can choose to attend the full 5 day school or just the module of your choice:
Module 1: Biomass Feedstocks & Supply Chains (2 days)
Module 2: Biomass Conversion Technologies (3 days)
Key learning objectives
- Register for both courses together to save money and gain a comprehensive understanding of bioenergy, from feedstock supply through to multiple conversion and product opportunities.
- Discuss and question all aspects of the bioenergy business in an informal, friendly environment, led by our independent, non-affiliated Green Power trainer.
Module 1: Biomass Feedstocks & Supply Chains
- Understand the nature, complexities and limitations of biomass resources and their production.
- Quantify constraints on the scalability and sustainability of biomass feedstocks.
- Explore the practicalities of the biomass supply chain.
Module 2: Biomass Conversion Technologies
- Demystify the complex web of conversion processes and pathways; understanding how they fit together, where they compete and where they coexist (including biorefinery concepts).
- Understand how the same feedstock can lead to different products; or the same product can be produced from different feedstocks.
- Explore current and emerging processes for the production of biofuels and biochemicals – plus other energy carriers and end-products.
Many models and forecasts for a low-carbon future energy mix propose a key role for bio-based solutions, both for direct fossil-energy substitution in transport fuels and power generation as well as fossil feedstock substitution for other products such as chemicals and plastics. However, a number of challenges remain to be overcome, both around macro-scale scalability, sustainability and environmental impacts and around project-level confusion and competition between a wide variety of proposed conversion processes and pathways.
A good understanding of how bio-resources can be sourced and scaled and how diverse pathways coexist, collaborate and/or coexist is crucial to making the case for both strategic and policy direction and for individual project economics and financing. We have thus brought together our most popular and relevant bioenergy course material to create this time-effective and comprehensive school, to provide an illuminating one-stop introduction for the benefit of senior, business-focused attendees. In addition to specific learning around fuels, chemicals, power and gaseous energy carriers, a key deliverable of the course is providing a clear view of how these seemingly disparate outputs in reality can (and likely will be) closely related and integrated in any future bioenergy business.
Level & Style
- Both courses present a variety of concepts and terminology including a number of scientific and technological principles. However all are explained in a clear, business-friendly manner suited to the commercially-minded
- Thus the course is specifically suited to newcomers to the bioenergy business or to industry professionals in commercial roles who need to “speak the language” of bioenergy and understand how the technology and operational aspects will impact their wider business. It is not intended as a course for “hands-on” bioprocess engineers or chemists.
- Content is delivered throughout in an informal, interactive manner; encouraging questions and discussion. Attendees will have the chance to undertake simple quantitative exercises and use provided tools and examples in order to revise and better illustrate key learning points.
- Green Power Academy is an independent training organisation, exclusively focused on training and on the renewable energy sector. We have no other interests or non-training business to promote, and thus provide an unbiased, hype-free view of the topics; happy to highlight diverse opinions and data where and when these exist.
Who Should Attend?
Commercial roles, senior managers, industry newcomers and other non-engineers from:
- Bioenergy Investors (Banks, Investment Funds, VCs etc.)
- Government Energy Policymakers and Planners
- Agricultural Land Owners and Crop Producers
- Biotechnology and crop science companies
- Energy companies from the power, fuels and/or gas sectors
- Vendors of conversion technology platforms and components
- Chemicals, plastics and other fossil-based product companies
- Any others with an interest in entering or benefiting from the growing bioeconomy
Supporting materials you will receive:
- Hard and soft copies of presentation materials
- Excel spreadsheets and models
- Latest industry case studies and examples
- Comprehensive reading list for further study after the course
- A certificate of attendance
Why Choose Green Power Academy?
- Unique courses that can’t be found anywhere else
- CPD certified
- Over 1250 delegates already trained
- Class sizes limited to ensure enough one to one time with the course lecturer
- Latest case studies and examples used
- Interactive class sessions
- Courses held at 4-5 star hotels in central city locations
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.