According to the statistics of the Vietnam Leather, Footwear and Handbag Association (LEFASO), Vietnam’s footwear exports is striving to reach US$27 billion in export turnover in 2023, an increase of about 10 per cent compared to one year earlier amid shrinking major markets and falling demand.
Combined with the signature of EVFTA and CPTPP, Vietnam’s leather and footwear industry is expected to maintain high growth in the coming years. Furthermore, the shift of production to use local sources of raw materials to increase the localisation rate of raw materials in a bid to meet the requirements relating to the origin of goods under FTAs helped the leather and footwear industry meet the export target.
However, Vietnam’s leather and footwear industry is facing great challenges from signed trade agreements when the supply chain must ensure the requirements of the agreements on commitments to environmental protection. This gradually becomes one of the basic requirements that factories participating in the supply chain must commit to. Therefore, leather and footwear companies should be directly involved in the design process and R&D and focus on the flow of raw materials toward sustainable development, and green and clean manufacturing.
The 7th Vietnam Footwear Summit 2023 will bring together about 150+ footwear industry experts and senior executives to deeply analyze the new trends in the Vietnam Footwear market in the context of net zero. The summit will also discuss industry hot topics such as sustainability, and digital transformation initiatives in design, supply chain and manufacturing.
In addition, this summit will provide a reference and industry exchange platform for Vietnam footwear market through keynote speeches and group discussions help the attendees get a better understanding of Vietnam footwear industry development status and find business opportunity.
- Overview Development Statues and New Challenges of Vietnamese Footwear Industry in 2023；
- Vietnamese Footwear Industry Development Planning and New Government Initiatives and Their impact on Vietnamese Footwear Industry；
- EU Green Deal and How it Will Affect the Vietnam Footwear Industry；
- Development and Innovation Materials Help to Develop Circular Economy in Footwear Industry；
- How Should Footwear Industry Chain Work Together to Reduce Emission for Net-zero Target；
- Case Study- Low-carbon Transformation of Green Shoe Factory；
- How Digital Transformation Helps to Ushering in a Post-Pandemic Future for Footwear Manufacturers；
- Use Latest Technology to Improve Footwear Manufacturing Automation and Sustainability；
- Panel Discussion: In the New Normal of Net-zero Emissions, New Challenges of Global Supply Chain and How Vietnam Footwear to Overcome Such Situation；
- Digital Technology and Its Supports to Footwear R&D and Design；
- Footwear Materials Development and Innovation under the Sustainable Development Model；
- How to Drive the Seamless Logistics Integration to Achieve Sustainability in the Footwear Value Chain
- Future Trends and Challenges in Footwear Sourcing in Asia；
- How to Enhance Vietnam’s Position and Role in the Global Supply Chain；
- Case Study-How Industrial Cluster Helps the Development of Local Footwear Industry；
- Enhance Competitiveness with Digital Technology in the Vietnam Domestic Footwear Market
To get more information, please click here.