The REN21 Renewables 2011 Global Status Report shows that the renewable energy sector continues to perform well despite continuing economic recession, incentive cuts, and low natural-gas prices.
- Renewable energy supplied an estimated 16% of global final energy consumption
- Solar PV more than doubled thanks to declining costs
- Global Investments in Renewables Up Over 30% to a Record $211 billion
- Emerging and Developing Economies Increase Share of Policies, Investment, Supply and Use
- REN21 launches Renewables Interactive Map
The report was commissioned by REN21 and produced in collaboration with a global network of research partners. (www.ren21.net).
The report in full can be previewed at