With vast stretches of desert, windy coastlines and some of the highest solar radiation levels in the world, the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) is a natural home for renewable energy. In the last decade, the MENA region has started to harness the abundant natural energy resources that it has in plentiful supply - namely, solar power - but also, more recently, it has looked to take advantage of the power of the wind. To augment this movement to “New Energy”, MENA New Energy (formerly known as MENASol) was created to facilitate the discussions between Governments looking to add renewable energy to their country’s grid and Developers who would build out each project.
The 2017 agenda will delve into five key areas, and promises to share with you the latest industry insights from the most senior speaker faculty in the conference’s 9 year history
- Updates from MENA’s Energy Ministers: Hear from MENA’s leading energy policy makers to learn of the opportunities for business in 2018 and beyond
- Doing business in MENA: Win work in the MENA region by understanding the opportunities in each country, including the bidding prices, feed in tariffs, PPA frameworks and more
- Project Finance: Learn from case studies how multi-lateral banks and private investors commit to profitable projects
- Cutting edge technology: Take part in bespoke CSP, PV, Wind, energy storage and other technology sessions to successfully reduce your LCOE
- The big technology debate- Can CSP gets its costs sufficiently down to rival PV linked with storage? Review the LCOE curves forecast by industry experts.