The 2013 Government Sustainability Conference will provide delegates from local, state and federal government authorities with comprehensive analysis and advice about how to embed environmentally sustainable policies and practices within their organisations and the communities they serve. This conference will provide attendees with the means to network and discuss environmental best practice with officials from public sector and sustainability leaders.
The conference will also provide attendees with high-quality information and case studies that will assist them to address crucial environmental issues facing all levels of government. This conference will provide crucial knowledge and advice for environment and sustainability professionals working within all areas of government and the public sector both in Australia and in other nations.
PRESENTATION TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- The Future of Carbon Pricing: an analysis of the future carbon management landscape for local government and public sector authorities
- Implementing clean and energy efficient technologies in government buildings and infrastructure
- Climate adaptation strategies
- Achieving a low carbon future
- Achieving sustainability in the built environment
- Public sector sustainability reporting
- Community engagement on sustainability issues
- Sustainable waste management
This conference will follow on from the highly successful 2011 and 2012 Government Sustainability Conferences, which both attracted 200 attendees.