Eco-Business is looking for a new Writer / Correspondent to join its editorial team.
Eco-Business is the leading independent media organisation serving Asia Pacific’s clean technology, smart cities, responsible business and sustainable development community. Our platforms and services include the award-winning Eco-Business.com site, custom publications, market research and whitepapers, multimedia production, consultancy, training and high-impact bespoke events catered to deepen discussions on sustainability.
We are headquartered in Singapore, with presence in Manila and Beijing and correspondents from around the world.
We are a social enterprise that helps Asia Pacific’s businesses along an environmentally and socially responsible, low-carbon path. We educate and advocate on sustainable development. We remain committed to helping businesses, governments, NGOs, research institutions and think tanks get their stories published and read by a wider audience by providing platforms for them to share ideas and best practices, advance public awareness and stimulate debate about sustainable development.
Reporting to the Deputy Editor, you will be responsible for writing news and feature stories, managing and writing for Eco-Business’s social media assets, and helping to deliver all content-related projects.
This postion is availalbe to candidates from Southeast Asian countries, as well as Hong Kong.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and pitching ideas for interesting and relevant news and feature stories for Eco-Business’s community of readers, and filing assigned stories.
- Developing and writing content partnership pieces with Eco-Business’s clients
- Social media management, including publishing all your stories on social media, comments moderation, LinkedIn group management, and reader engagement via comments and tweets.
- Sourcing for and republishing opinion pieces on a daily basis. Assessing incoming editorial pitches for suitability for the Eco-Business Opinion section, and making edits where necessary.
- Providing editorial support for Eco-Business projects and events, including: writing press releases, copy for marketing collaterals, and event reports, proofreading documents and newsletters, social media posts, among others.
- Some travel may be required occasionally.
- A keen interest in sustainability and development issues.
- A university degree in English, Literature, Communication Studies, or any other relevant field.
- At least three years of journalism experience in the newsroom of an established media outlet, or a freelancer with a portfolio of work published in reputable media outlets.
- A proven track record of identifying and writing creative and original news stories, and successful follow-up to promote them amongst readers and social media users.
- The ability to multi-task and cope with tight newsroom deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy, and strong written and spoken English language skills.
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the willingness to contribute to the success of a small but dynamic organisation.
- Familiarity with design and web tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS, as well as social media and project management tools like Buffer and Asana will be considered favourably
- If you are based outside of Singapore, you should be comfortable to work remotely with the support of your colleagues.
Only those with the required experience will be shortlisted for interviews.
To apply, please send a covering letter, CV, and samples of your work to Jessica Cheam, Managing Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org