The client is a market leader and one of the world’s largest manufacturers in apparel.
In this role you will be responsible for minimizing the most salient issues across customers’ global enterprise-wide footprint, specifically focused on climate change, sustainable materials, water, and circular economy principles.
• This role will work across business units, divisions and regions to identify the necessary innovative solutions to create value for the business and dramatically reduce their environmental impact.
• You will bring best practices, expertise and thought leadership to our customers and work to identify risks and opportunities that must be addressed.
• Support the business with impact reduction programs, and verify new sustainable material adoption
• You will provide the necessary leadership with the internal and external stakeholders, which is necessary to achieve the vision and goals for the client’s sustainability program.
• Develop the trust, respect and partnerships required to facilitate change at all company levels.
• BS / BA Degree
• Masters preferred: environmental science, material science, or related field and/or MBA in Sustainable Business
• 8-10 years of experience in Environmental Health & Safety or Environmental compliance capacity
• Understanding of apparel and footwear supply chain and materials is ideal
• Understanding of sustainability in a business environment
• Comprehensive understanding and expertise on key topics: Climate Change, energy, carbon, sustainable materials, water and chemical management in supply chains.
• Experience with setting goals, writing supporting policies and program implementation
• Leadership skills: Experience managing teams and working within global enterprise
• Excellent organizational & project management skills • Excellent communication & presentation skills (must be comfortable working with all levels of management)
• International travel
The role can be based in either Hong Kong, Vietnam or Singapore