If you believe in making a positive impact on the environment and society by telling engaging stories through the medium of film and photography to inspire action among businesses and corporates, we want you.
Established in 2009, Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading media organisation on sustainable development. Its independent journalism unit publishes high quality, trusted news and views that advance dialogue and enables measurable impact on a wide range of sustainable development and responsible business issues.
It is headquartered in Singapore, with a presence in Manila, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong.
Eco-Business owns and operates the award-winning platform, www.eco-business.com, which attracts more than 150,000 page views per month from a senior audience. We also have 86,000 active subscribers to our global weekly newsletter and manage large, well-engaged social media channels assets.
We keep our information free for readers by generating revenue from advertising, marketing, custom event production, multimedia and video production, training, research and consulting. We help our partners build their knowledge on sustainable development, enable them to foster strong relationships with their stakeholders, establish thought leadership and drive measurable impact.
Eco-Business is looking for a seasoned videographer to join our dynamic team at the Singapore headquarters located at 2 Science Park Drive, Ascent.
Together with our editorial team, you will be responsible for creating multimedia content across our products and platforms. You will be working closely with our Managing Editor, Video Director, Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer.
Your specific duties include:
- Creating multimedia content for a variety of products, from documentaries to covering events, producing sustainable development-themed videos for our daily news needs and producing branded content for partners and clients. For a good idea of the range of video content we produce, please visit our Vimeo channel here: https://vimeo.com/ecobusinesscom
- Shooting footage and assisting in editing
- Overseeing technical tasks relating to production and post-production
- Overseeing transportation, setting up and operating equipment, assisting with staging
- Operating various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production
- Operating and maintaining proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
- Collecting b-roll footage as well as filming interviews
- Supporting the team throughout the production process, which may include finding interview subjects, creating graphics, and presenting to our partners, etc
- Assisting in creating social media content to document the production process
- Assisting in developing interview questions and storyboards
- A keen interest and experience in covering sustainability and development issues.
- An academic or practical qualification in Communications, or any other relevant field.
- At least three to five years of experience in camera operation and video editing working in related industries (journalism, media, advertising, video production, etc)
- A proven track record and portfolio of high quality videos published
- The ability to multi-task and cope with tight newsroom deadlines.
- Extremely meticulous, have a keen eye for detail and accuracy, and superb written and spoken English language skills.
- Proficiency in graphic design and video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in handling and shooting with a variety of cameras and related equipment
- Great attention to detail and an eye for good composition and layout
- Confident presentation skills, able to articulate abstract ideas clearly, and guide partners through the creative process, from pre-sales to project wrap
- Maintain knowledge of new or evolving branded video content trends and information
- Avid consumer of media of all types
- Sense of humour
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the willingness to contribute to the success of a small and dynamic organisation.
- Passion for and knowledge of the Eco-Business brand
This position is only available for Singaporeans/Singapore PR. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All candidates will be required to do a writing test.
Please email resume and cover letter in PDF along with your portfolio link/pdf with your expected salary and availability to Managing Editor Jessica Cheam email@example.com and Marketing Manager Jeanette Mok firstname.lastname@example.org.