IIX brings +9 years of experience in building the impact investment ecosystem with a mission to impact 400 million lives by connecting the backstreet to the Wallstreet. IIX has a thematic focus on women empowerment, climate action and community resilience. To date, IIX has mobilized US$75 million in impact investment capital for +40 Impact Enterprises (IEs) across the social capital markets value chain. IIX has a network of +1000 impact investors with US$1 billion assets under management and +30,000 ecosystem partners from private, public and nonprofit sectors. In recognition of its work to build inclusive markets and drive the global sustainable development agenda, IIX has won multiple awards: Oslo Business for Peace Award 2017, G20 Summit Market Builder of the Year Award 2017, Asia Game Changer Award 2016, among others.
For more information, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
IIX is seeking a mission driven, results oriented, and resourceful Research and Advisory Temporary Consultant to be based in Manila, Philippines. The Consultant will augment a highly effective, hands-on team responsible for preparing a report for establishing an enabling policy and institutional environment for social enterprises in the Philippines.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Research and review the Philippine national development goals and sustainable development agenda, to identify gaps and opportunities with a focus on the Agriculture, Fisheries, Education and Services sectors
- Identify sector and development experts, schedule and conduct interviews to validate gaps per sector and more broadly for Philippines development
- Identify entry points for social entrepreneurship to expedite social progress, with particular attention to impoverished areas in need of accelerated economic growth
- Synthesize data gathered and gap analysis to produce a well written report for wide distribution to ecosystem players
- Prepare materials (briefing, handouts, agenda etc.) and assist in coordination for a knowledge sharing event for ecosystem players to be held upon completion of the report
Duration: The duration for the position is 3 months (with the potential to work on future advisory projects)
- MBA or graduate degree in a related area, with excellent written and spoken English language skills
- 5-8 years of experience doing research projects on social enterprises or impact investing
- Familiarity with the Philippines macroeconomic, national development agenda, and social enterprise landscape across sectors
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Proven ability to think of out of the box and develop creative solutions to problems with no precedent to follow
- Work and/or educational experience in the Philippines (especially with government bodies and/or social enterprises)
- Good understanding of the impact investing space
- Experience in international development and/or impact investment is preferred
- Time spent in working on issues affecting underserved women (low-income, rural, minority)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; a writing sample is optional. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for interviews. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.