About Global Initiatives
Global Initiatives (GI) is an international company based in Singapore operating in the field of Sustainability. It has traditionally helped promote partnerships between corporate entities and their stakeholders to address global challenges. Its partners include a large number of multinationals and international organisations such as the UNDP and WWF to name a few.
The pillars of our business operation in GI include:
- Stakeholder Engagement: Sustainable Business Awards (SBA) and the Responsible Business Forum (RBF)
- Integrated Data Solutions: Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA) and the Personal Sustainability Enhancement (PSE)
- Corporate Communications: Social Media, Marketing and Editorials
You will be joining GI at a very exciting time as the organisation is venturing into new and arguably pathbreaking ways to convert conversation into action, and is exploring areas where GI can play a pivotal role in shaping sustainability in Singapore and beyond.
Being an agile and dynamic firm, employees in GI engage in a wide range of activities. They are encouraged to show initiative and to operate independently.
Reporting to the Strategic Adviser, you will be responsible for helping deliver on the company’s key objectives. These would include:
- Familiar with sustainability reporting, sustainability assessment, standards and ESG
- Interest or experience with sustainable finance, green loans and the SMEs landscape
- Familiar with the GRI, UN SDGs and/or CDP reporting guidelines
- Background or experience with Carbon Offsets or Carbon Footprint Calculation will be an added bonus
- Deliver industry pattern and performance through data analytics and data visualisation
- At times you may be required to support other executives on editorial matters and corporate communications.
- Location: Singapore (Some travel may be required ultimately)
- Employment type: Full time
- Industry: Environmental Services
- Function area: Sustainability assessment, reporting standards, ESG
Job criteria / required experience
- Singaporean and PRs only
- A Degree or Master’s in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Environmental Studies, Geography or equivalent
- Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply. However, priority will be given to individuals with work experiences in Environmental Services, Consulting, Advisory or similar of up to three years
- Passionate about ESG and sustainability
- Ability to manage multiple portfolios, work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, willingness to contribute to the success of a growing and dynamic organization, and able to articulate ideas clearly
- Have a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Support written and spoken English Language, and fluency in another Southeast Asian Language is a huge bonus
- Relatively comfortable and familiar with analytical tools like MS Excel, Qualtrics statistical analyses and basic CSS in HTML
- Knowledge in R programming, SPSS, Tableau, Google Data Analytics and an understanding of User Interface and User Experience (UI UX) will be an added advantage
Please send a covering letter (1-page) and CV (2-page max.) to Chief Operating Officer, Shefali Chaddha at email@example.com.
Immediate availability will be viewed favourably. Application deadline is 15/05/2021.
We look forward to receiving your application. Best of luck!