The job holder will support the execution of an industry-leading factory social responsibility program in home furnishings. He/she will have ownership in developing the protocols & tools that will aid enforcement of WSI’s factory social responsibility program across our global vendor base.
He/she will drive projects to completion and have the capacity to work with remote cross-functional teams and business managers through a structured approach while managing day-to-day program operations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Support the CSR Director to establish and execute long term strategies to in-source key functions of WSI’s factory social responsibility program.
- Lead the development and execution of key CSR projects
- Develop protocols and tools to aid and enforce the WSI social responsibility strategy across WSI global vendor base.
- Through a systematic approach provide operational direction and support to in-country teams to successfully deliver WSI’s social responsibility program on the ground.
- Lead the development and delivery of key training to in-country teams, vendors and internal associates to increase education and awareness on key protocols and expectations.
- Contribute to developing and executing communications strategies that excite, educate and deepen engagement with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain performance measurement tools and programs, including tracking and reporting progress.
- Serve as a liaison for internal questions, suggestions or concerns related to our program.
- Support the development and execution of an external stakeholder engagement plan
- Research and recommend best practices within the area of CSR and benchmark prevailing trends.
- Embodies the highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics.
- A true passion for Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware.
- Influences key members of an organization at all levels.
- Possesses a personally engaging style with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrates a creative, energetic and motivated spirit.
- Possesses attention to detail while managing simultaneous project in a dynamic environment.
COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management or a related field;
- 5+ years’ related experience in social responsibility (developing, enforcing, or influencing program implementation)
- Strong data analysis and excel skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead initiatives and project teams
- Strong information-seeking skills and a drive to make things happen
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
- Ability to network, influence, and utilize internal and external resources
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to motivate and mentor others within work group • Fluency in English and proficiency in Windows XP, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Able to travel up to 15% of the time.