This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious consultant to play a key role in a dynamic company.
Paia Consulting is Singapore’s leading sustainability consultancy. We work with a range of corporate, government agencies and NGOs focusing on sustainability strategy and implementation. We have been influential in seeing many of our clients take a strategic approach to sustainability.
We are a team of dedicated and passionate sustainability specialists with a depth of expertise that is unparalleled locally and covers carbon accounting, sustainable finance, sustainable risk management and circular economy. We typically work in partnership with our clients, the majority of whom work with us on a retained basis.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our team in Singapore. We offer competitive salary, performance related bonuses and flexible working practices. We support personal and professional development, with dedicated time put aside to career development and a formal training budget. Pro-bono work is also encouraged, with two days of paid volunteer leave each year for every employee.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be expected to:
- Make an impact on how our clients do business, through sustainability strategy, programmes and implementation
- Deliver on a range of high quality client projects
- Manage client relationships successfully
- Conduct trainings and briefings on sustainability topic
- Attend/present at conferences/seminars and publish blog articles
We need you to have:
- At least 5 years experience implementing corporate sustainability
- Experience with environmental management systems such as ISO14001 is desirable, or a strong environmental technical background
- Proven track record of delivering high quality output to time & budget
- Self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative and take responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, communication and written skills
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- A willingness to learn, be challenged and contribute to ‘thought leadership’
- International exposure with deep local work experience is desirable
- Master’s degree or equivalent; in environment or sustainability, for example.
We will be excited if you have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or several of the following frameworks: GRI, SASB, SDGs, TCFD, GRESB, AA1000, ISO14000 series, ISO 26000, OHSAS 18001, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key areas in sustainability such as Climate Change, Supply Chain, Sustainable Finance, Waste/Circular Economy, and Water
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following tools and methods: data collection, validation, and analysis; stakeholder consultation; survey design and execution; policy evaluation; market analyses; cost-benefit analysis
- Fluency in other Asian languages e.g. Mandarin Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malaysia etc
- Experience in a consultancy or in a customer-facing commercial environment
How to apply
Please send us your resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter, please tell us:
- Your experience and what excites you about working at Paia Consulting
- Why you are the best candidate for the job
- What do you think is the key challenge to sustainability and why? (limit to one paragraph)
- Your salary expectation
- Your current employment and Singapore residence status
Please send your complete application in PDF format to Tasha Osman (firstname.lastname@example.org).