As a Senior Sourcing Manager for Swiss Projects you will identify, negotiate and contract new emission reduction projects for the Swiss carbon market. You will be in active communication with the Swiss-based Business Development Director and the Europe-based Head of Project Implementation.
In addition, you will ensure that projects are sourced, implemented and delivered as per agreed plans and in a good quality manner, as well as oversee the quality check of all deliverables and assessments carried out by the team, both in the initial screening and implementation phases.
Close interaction with the project owners, the Head of Carbon Procurement, the Key Account Management, Portfolio and Marketing teams is a key component of this role.
Additionally, you will ensure all admin, accounting, project owners communication/relationship, budget/resource planning/management and other project related topics are completed in a satisfactory manner, and are updated within our project management tool.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee all Swiss sourcing activities for compliance and voluntary CO2 emission reductions and similar projects, especially forestry and land use (AFOLU) / nature based solutions (NBS), waste management, energy efficiency, long-term carbon sinks and wetland restoration
- Prepare a national sourcing business plan, define sourcing policies and mid- to long term sourcing strategies
- Introduce innovative, effective and proven methods and tools to boost the sourcing activities within South Pole
- Structure partnerships and deals with several different stakeholders such as NGOs, foundations, corporates, multi-laterals, banks and universities
- Maintain and develop a network of environmental product suppliers, with whom you will work closely to obtain the most suitable Swiss mitigation projects
- Understand market trends, gather market intelligence and identify industry trends
- Serve as an environmental markets, restoration and monitoring and verification expert in client meetings or calls and in exhibitions and other corporate events in the DACH region
- Represent South Pole in different forums on the topic of environmental markets, emission reductions and emission trading in the Swiss and European context
- Collaborate with the Head of EU Projects for local sourcing efforts, in coordination with the Director of Project Development
- In coordination with the Head of EU Projects, support the Key Account Management, Portfolio, Global Sourcing and Project teams with tenders and proposal preparation as well as the Marketing team for project info requests and Consultancy and Services team
- Budget control and resource management; manage budgets of all tasks and activities
- University degree in engineering, forestry or natural resource management, environmental sciences/management/economics, geoecology, sustainability or climate change and carbon mitigation related fields.
- A Master’s degree will be considered a plus
- At least 5 years’ work experience in sustainability, climate change mitigation/adaptation or related fields
- Experience in concluding commercial agreements with project and technology owners and partners
- Excellent understanding of climate mitigation technologies in the Swiss context (wastewater treatment, long-term carbon sinks, forest management, carbon removal, energy efficiency, wetland restoration) and strong business development sense
- Ability to work closely with senior management on the given targets and able to develop own and team’s goals and milestones to meet the overall targets
- Ability to provide some strategic input to the function
- Native or fluent (Swiss) German as well as English is a must, other languages such as French, Italian or Rumantsch are a plus
- Have a strong network of potential clients, collaborators or other relevant stakeholders
- National, or holder of a valid work permit
- Work in a growing global profit for purpose company with a real commitment to sustainability and fighting climate change
- Attractive career pathway and excellent team spirit
- The opportunity to work with professional experts all around the world