Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) is seeking an experienced manager to support training delivery and capability building initiatives. The successful candidate will assist companies in Singapore in advancing their sustainability ambitions through leading industry training and workshops, sustainability tools and resources, and by providing them with a supportive network.
This role will focus on identifying sustainability training needs of the business community, develop capacity building initiatives (certification programmes and workshops) and coordinating global accelerator programmes locally.
We are looking for someone with relevant training and project management experience, and who can engage strategic stakeholders on corporate sustainability. Familiarity with, and networking within, the financial sector ecosystem will be advantageous.
The successful candidate will join an active UN Global Compact local network - an ambitious team that is energised behind our mission to promotes corporate sustainability and responsible business in Singapore and the region.
Training & Capacity Building
- In partnership with training partners/academic institutions/UN agencies, contribute to the development of training and learning modules, including a sustainable finance programme and UN Global Compact accelerators
- Project manage the implementation of training programmes
- Facilitate training modules with impactful learning experiences
- Develop and adapt training materials (handouts, presentations, facilitation guides etc.) and tools for effective training experiences
- Contribute to the design and delivery of new capacity building initiatives, thought leadership and events
- Establish and manage strategic relations with relevant governmental agencies, regulatory bodies, NGOs and business associations to advance GCNS’ priority areas
- Work with Partnership & Membership team to identify member learning needs and design content/programmes to address them
- Engage and recruit corporate CFOs for the UNGC CFO Taskforce
Research and publications
- Support research initiatives and knowledge creation for GCNS, including writing, copy editing and adapting UN Global Compact publications for the Singapore and regional markets
- Identify and collaborate with ecosystem partners to create new insights
- Serve as key account manager for select GCNS members/partners
- Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Deputy Executive Director
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience; experience in adult training and curriculum design is desired and advantageous
- Experience in organising and facilitating training programmes
- A good understanding of sustainability and the SDGs, with a strong interest to learn and delve deeper into specific sustainability issues
- Technical knowledge and work experience with ESG standards, sustainable finance or reporting frameworks is desired
- Strong strategic, conceptual, analytical and planning skills
- Strong communicator (written and verbal). Comfortable presenting to large audiences and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders across different sectors, regions and seniority levels
- Ability to initiate partnerships and maintain positive relations with Network members and other stakeholders
- Possess a positive work ethic and determination in achieving targets within tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Able to work within a small team dynamic
- Accept that OT is necessary at times
- A progressive and dynamic work culture that offers flexibility in work arrangements and recognition schemes
- A learning and growth-oriented work culture with ample professional development opportunities
- A community environment of purpose-driven people to work with, five days a week
- An international network through the UN Global Compact local networks and other UN agencies
- A modern office working environment in the CBD area
If you are interested in the role and would like us to learn more about you, send in your CV, together with a cover letter with your expected salary and notice period to be given, to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.