Are you passionate about how finance can contribute to a climate-resilient, environmentally sustainable future? CDP is looking for an Investor Engagement Manager to lead our engagement with financial institutions in Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand (“target regions”). This is an excellent opportunity to make an impact globally on how the financial ecosystem can respond to the key environmental challenges of climate change, deforestation and water security.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing CDP’s engagement strategy in target regions and leading engagement efforts with financial institutions
- Building strong relationships with key investors, financial institutions and capital markets participants
- Representing CDP at external events in target regions as well as organising roadshows and roundtables with major financial institutions and investors and raising the profile of CDP’s capital markets work across the financial sector, with a specific focus on the environmental impact of financing (“financed emissions”)
- Utilising knowledge and understanding of sustainable finance to further engage the broader capital markets
- Working with other teams in collaborative projects and activities to achieve CDP’s overall strategic plan and implement a regionally appropriate long-term strategy as defined by the Global Investor Initiatives programme
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial services
- Exceptional relationship and rapport building skills to develop high-level connections to increase awareness of CDP’s investor program, financial markets and environmental disclosure work
- Strong communication skills and ability to draw key messages out of complex research and communicate research findings to both internal and external audiences
- A solid understanding of capital markets and the investment management industry with a passion for sustainable investment
- Experience liaising with contacts at pension funds, insurance companies and investment managers
This is a full-time position based at CDP’s Hong Kong office reporting to the Director, CDP HK.
Salary and benefits: HKD 500,000 per annum. 24 days’ holidays, MPF, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Training and development, Flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Hong Kong.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please email your CV with the subject “Investor Engagement Manager – job application” to email@example.com with a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities. The deadline is August 15, 2020.