As part of the global consultancy unit, you will focus on the delivery of high quality consultancy advice on climate change mitigation solutions to the corporate sector, and be responsible for the management of small project teams. As a Senior Consultant, you will also manage the development of proposals. You will help South Pole remain an international leading provider of sustainability solutions.
You will particularly work with companies with agricultural supply chains in the global south, where we support clients to take concrete action in order to manage and mitigate their impact on climate, water and forest resources. Exemplary assignments include development of supply chain strategies in order to achieve climate targets through emission reductions and insetting, improve water stewardship or achieve deforestation free supply chains.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
1. Manage the planning and execution of consulting mandates on sustainable supply chains and agriculture with necessary know-how and skill set to ensure the most efficient and highest quality implementation
2. Contribute to the successful winning of corporate consulting mandates, through the development of proposals
3. Interact with and build relationships with clients and relevant stakeholders
4. Manage/coordinate small consultant teams and where appropriate consultancy partners
5. Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
1. An university degree, ideally in Environmental Sciences, Agronomy, Environmental Engineering or related disciplines
2. Relevant work experience (the expectation is 4-6 years) at least partly in corporate consulting:
- good understanding of environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies, especially with the integration of sustainability in supply chains and agriculture
- specific consultancy experience in sustainability and corporate supply chain risks with particular focus on climate, water and forests in agricultural supply chains
3. Experience working in international teams
4. Experience in project management in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context
5. The following practical experience is of advantage:
-monitoring and quantification of environmental impacts along the supply chain on climate, water and forests -with agricultural supply chains in tropical countries and project development / program management
-in sustainable procurement, change management and sustainability strategy development
6. Excellent oral and written command of English
7. Professional proficiency in the local language (Indonesian Bahasa or Thai) is of advantage
-well-organised, very good communication skills, problem solver, creative thinker, not getting lost in details, having accurate details.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.