JOB DESCRIPTION – SENIOR ANALYST
Greenview is a boutique consultancy and research firm with the vision of utilising its unique role in hospitality and tourism to catalyse best practices and innovation in sustainability and social responsibility.
Greenview provides leading organisations globally with advisory services, program development & implementation, data & measurement solutions, reporting services, software as a service data platform, collaborative industry initiatives, and research services. As part of a growing field in a growing industry, Greenview seeks to solidify its presence and reputation as a thought leader for Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) measurement and reporting.
Given the breadth of topics covered in advisory services and the range of clientele, Greenview seeks to employ bright, passionate colleagues to help advance the business while offering them an environment of continuous learning and helping make real change. Like everyone else at Greenview, the Senior Analyst position is intended for those who like to work hard while maintaining balance, feel a sense of satisfaction from making a real difference, and enjoy working in a fun industry while supporting it with ever-evolving advisory and research services.
This position will likely be challenged with new knowledge on a weekly basis, face demanding clients, take conference calls some evenings and be required to develop creative, new recommendations routinely. The ability to thrive in this environment is essential.
The Senior Analyst may work remotely but will need to be based in the United States or Canada, with preference given to major East Coast cities and in particular the greater Washington, DC area.
The Senior Analyst will report directly to Greenview’s US-based manager. The Senior Analyst will also report to the founder and other project managers.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The primary role of the Senior Analyst is to support client engagements, executing on various deliverables set forth in the areas of corporate responsibility and sustainability for organisations. In this role, the Senior Analyst will support client advisory services including:
- Provide advisory services to clients regarding ESG frameworks and trends during engagement for specific reporting and ESG response needs.
- Lead the data collection and consolidation and perform data analysis for client sustainability reporting, industry research, and data management needs.
- Conduct client and stakeholder interviews to understand key issues, themes, and develop content for sustainability reporting and ESG responses.
- Utilize and improve tracking templates and data platforms for both processes and performance data for client use and Greenview research, which incorporate the streamlining of various sustainability criteria.
- Support the integration of the Greenview Portal into client engagements and services.
- Support analyses and findings for benchmarking studies on sustainability programs, goals, disclosures, performance, and rankings.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, and work hours per assigned projects.
- Draft narrative content for sustainability reports, responses to ESG frameworks, and other communications, managing the process to publication.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for client meetings and/or calls.
- Support industry-wide and destination-wide collaborative initiatives through coordinating functions and engagement for meetings, calls, workshops, trainings, presentations, and events.
- Document and follow up on action items from internal and external meetings.
- Perform various administrative tasks as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in natural resources, environmental science, sustainable business, research, communications, hospitality, and/or tourism
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in sustainability reporting or a related discipline
- Knowledge of and experience working with multiple ESG frameworks strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong communications, writing (in English), analytical research, and organizational skills
- Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of organizations and with a wide variety of functional expertise
- Excellent project management skills
- Personal commitment to Greenview’s vision and the ability to articulate it to others
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Self-starter and fast learner
- Creativity and flexibility
- Keen attention to detail
- Team player
- Global vision and openness
- Stress tolerance and resilience
- Passion for helping to build a better planet
- Willingness to work either remotely from home or in a co-working space
- Willingness to travel up to 20 per cent of the time
- Competitive based on current market