EDF, the world’s leading electricity company, is aiming at speeding up innovation for the cities of tomorrow with innovations in energy efficiency in buildings, new low carbon uses of energy, smart grids, renewable energy, electric mobility and batteries.
In Singapore, the R&D; branch of EDF Group has launched EDF Lab Singapore in 2014 to develop and explore solutions to help decision makers and developers achieve their vision of smart and sustainable cities. Working with the Singaporean government (HDB) and local universities (NUS, SUTD, SIT, ESSEC), EDF Lab Singapore is rooting a strong expertise adapted to the Singaporean and South East Asian context. Along with an interest in smart cities, EDF Lab Singapore is exploring urban and electric mobility with regards to the impact on the grid and also on quality of life. Together with R&D; in Europe and China, EDF Lab Singapore has developed models to simulate e-mobility and charging patterns in cities.
You will be working with us as a Research Engineer, working on projects involving smart mobility, e-mobility, and EV charging infrastructure in Singapore/Asia.
- Develop new models and concepts related to smart urban mobility, charging, and related business models
- Research and review current and emerging EV charging infrastructure and technologies, urban mobility use cases and business models in Asia
- Modelling and simulation of charging points, mobility usage patterns, travel demands, mode-choices, and price indicators
- Calibration of charging behaviour model from analysis of travelling patterns
- Research and review emerging transport electrification trends, start-ups, and any potential applications that could represent a business application for EDF Group
- Work closely with an international teams to design and implement approaches to achieve research goals
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, geography/geospatial science, economics, or other related discipline. Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Relevant experience in transport modelling, smart mobility services and business models, commuter/driver behaviours
- Modelling and simulation experience (e.g. MATSim, AnyLogic)
- Experience in programming (Java, Python)
- Knowledge in GIS, geospatial modelling, and familiarity with QGIS/PostGIS/ArcGIS
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and conceptual skills
- Good data preparation/management skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- An interest in urban mobility, e-mobility, smart grids, smart and sustainable cities