Eco-Business is looking for a passionate and motivated individual with strong writing, research and analytical skills to join its growing, dynamic team as Research & Consulting Lead.
Established in 2009, Eco-Business is Asia-Pacific’s leading media organisation on sustainable development. Its independent journalism unit publishes high quality, trusted news and views that advance dialogue and enables measurable impact on a wide range of sustainable development and responsible business issues.
Our organisation works with businesses, governments and non-profit organisations in several ways. Our online marketing solutions help our partners in global brand building, stakeholder engagement and sophisticated thought leadership positioning. These include branded content, banner advertising, EDMs, social media engagement and multimedia content solutions.
Our Research and Consulting team also works with businesses to gain a deeper understanding of their markets and the relevant sustainability issues that impact their business and the wider society. In this vein, we run high-level roundtables, open dialogues and sustainability workshops that enable our clients to build influence, engage stakeholders and ultimately, support the sustainable development agenda.
We are looking for an independent, experienced researcher who is familiar with and passionate about ESG and sustainability issues within the Asia-Pacific region who can support and expand on our business intelligence unit.
Reporting to the Managing Editor and Executive Director, you will be responsible for the growth, business development, and performance of Eco-Business Research. Your duties will include securing, managing and the delivering all EB Research projects.
This unit offers market research and consulting services that help businesses gain a deeper understanding of their markets and the issues most relevant to them. Our team of researchers, writers and sector experts help businesses compile and analyse the information they need in all geographies and industries through a sustainability lens.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research, conceptualisation and ideation of research projects; presenting to partners and leading meetings; brainstorming, reporting, writing and editing research content; as well as developing and managing our network of writers and researchers.
- Conducting in-depth analysis of various sustainable development issues to develop meaningful insights, analysis and recommendations for our clients.
- Presenting this information and engaging with key stakeholders with the objective of soliciting feedback, facilitating buy-in and advancing the understanding of sustainable development issues in the region
- Designing and conducting surveys and focus groups
- Conducting and writing market sizing studies
- Conducting and writing in-depth interviews
- Developing and conducting training for EB clients across ESG topics
- Producing whitepapers on chosen topics pre-determined between EB and its clients
- Identifying and engaging with relevant foundations, grants and EB’s wider community on research-related objectives
- Working with the editorial team to translate research content into stories, narratives, explainers, video documentary concepts and/or data visualisations
- Leading meetings to present editorial findings, content concepts, and works in progress
- Developing a strong, authoritative presence on social media channels to increase engagement on EB Research content
- Presenting at or moderating industry and Eco-Business events.
- Support the team in project delivery where required.
- Some travel may be required occasionally.
- A university degree in Business, English, Literature, Communication Studies or any other relevant field.
- 4-8 years of relevant working experience in winning and delivering research projects
- A good understanding of sustainable development matters globally and in particular, in the Asia-Pacific region
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Meticulous with accuracy and detail, able to spot the smallest of language errors
- Strong written and spoken English language skills.
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the willingness to contribute to the success of a dynamic organisation.
Good to have:
- Journalism and writing experience
- Familiarity with design and web tools such as Adobe Creative Suite will be considered favourably
- Confident presentation skills, ability to articulate abstract ideas clearly, and guide partners through the creative process, from conceptualisation to project wrap
- Fluency in at least one Asian language
- Avid consumer of media of all types
- A sense of humour
- Passion for and knowledge of the Eco-Business brand
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing test before proceeding to interviews.
This role is only for Singaporeans or Singapore PRs.
To apply, please send a covering letter, CV, and samples of your work by 30 April 2021 to: Jessica Cheam (email@example.com), Junice Yeo (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Monique Armstrong (email@example.com).