Eco-Business is looking for a passionate and motivated individual with strong writing, research and analytical skills to join its growing, dynamic team as a Research Analyst, based at its Singapore headquarters at 2 Science Park Drive.
Established in 2009, Eco-Business is Asia-Pacific’s leading media organisation on sustainable development. Its independent journalism unit publishes high quality, trusted news and views that advance dialogue and enables measurable impact on a wide range of sustainable development and responsible business issues.
It is headquartered in Singapore, with offices in Manila, Beijing, and correspondents across major cities in Asia-Pacific.
Eco-Business operates the award-winning platform, www.eco-business.com, and has 86,000 active subscribers to our global weekly newsletter and we manage large, well-engaged social media channel assets.
We keep our information free for readers by generating revenue from advertising, marketing, custom event production, multimedia and video production, training, research and consulting. We help our partners build their knowledge on sustainable development, enable them to foster strong relationships with their stakeholders, establish thought leadership and drive measurable impact.
We are looking for an independent, experienced researcher who is familiar with and passionate about socio-environmental issues within the Asia-Pacific region who can support and expand on our consultancy services.
Reporting to the Managing Editor and Research Director, you will assist in the growth, business development, and performance of Eco-Business Research. Your duties will include assisting in the selling, managing and the delivery of all EB Research projects.
This unit offers market research and consulting services that help businesses gain a deeper understanding of their markets and the issues most relevant to them. Our team of researchers, writers and sector experts help businesses compile and analyse the information they need in all geographies and industries through a sustainability lens.
Key responsibilities include:
- Pre-sale research, concepting and ideation of research projects; presenting to partners and leading meetings; brainstorming, reporting, writing and editing research content; as well as developing and managing our network of writers and researchers.
- Conducting in-depth analysis of various sustainable development issues to develop meaningful insights, analysis and recommendations for our clients.
- Presenting this information and engaging with key stakeholders with the objective of soliciting feedback, facilitating buy-in and advancing the understanding of sustainable development issues in the region
- Designing and conducting surveys and focus groups
- Conducting and writing market sizing studies
- Conducting and writing in-depth interviews
- Producing whitepapers on chosen topics pre-determined between EB and its clients
- Identifying and engaging with relevant foundations, grants and EB’s wider community on research-related objectives
- Working with the editorial team to translate research content into stories, narratives, explainers, video documentary concepts and/or data visualisations
- Leading meetings to present editorial findings, content concepts, and works in progress
- Developing a strong, authoritative presence on social media channels to increase engagement on EB Research content
- Presenting at or moderating industry and Eco-Business events.
- Handle any other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned to you by the Managing Editor
- Some travel may be required occasionally.
- A university degree in Business, English, Literature, Communication Studies or any other relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in selling and delivering research projects
- A good understanding of sustainable development matters globally and in particular, in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and numerical skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Extremely meticulous, able to spot the smallest of language errors, have a keen eye for detail and accuracy, and superb written and spoken English language skills.
- Familiarity with design and web tools such as Adobe Creative Suite will be considered favourably
- Confident presentation skills, able to articulate abstract ideas clearly, and guide partners through the creative process, from pre-sales to project wrap
- Avid consumer of media of all types
- Has a sense of humour
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the willingness to contribute to the success of a dynamic organisation.
- Passion for and knowledge of the Eco-Business brand
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing test before proceeding to interviews.
This role is only for Singaporeans or Singapore PRs based in Singapore.
To apply, please send a covering letter, CV, and samples of your work to Jessica Cheam, Managing Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org