Position: Purchasing Director
Unit: Office of Procurement, Inventory and Assets (OPIA)
The Office of Procurement, Inventory and Assets (OPIA) is responsible for the procurement of goods, materials and services in a timely manner at a competitive price, of good quality and consistent with the needs of the Institute following established rules and regulations of AIT. Follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases. Ensure that all purchase transactions are done in a manner that is ethical, transparent, pays due regard to environmental issues and achieves values for money.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure efficient management of daily operations and liaison support to other Units and School.
- Facilitate Purchase Order/Commercial Contract Processing Procedure.
- Providing supervisory services on Inventory Control and Fixed Asset Management including assets disposal processing.
- Providing supervisory services on the control of materials and of spare parts inventory for the institute Facility Management propose.
- Oversee the entire process of the Institute Insurance and processing of various claims.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, finance, or related field.
- Has an accounting concept/background.
- Minimum of 8 years of previous work experience as procurement officer or related position
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Has basic knowledge of Thai Civil and commercial law.
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts with accurate and precise attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills on commercial deals.
- Competent with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write analytical reports, create presentations, prepare statistical reports.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, organizational, facilitation and coaching skills.
- Excellent judgment and oral/written communication skills in English and Thai are required.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels