Position title: Project manager (Traceability)
Reports to: Head of Market Transformation
Start date: Immediate
Mission of WWF Singapore:
WWF is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation organisations. WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
As one of WWF’s international hubs, WWF-Singapore supports a global network spanning over 100 countries. We help protect Singapore’s essential needs through the actions of individuals, businesses and governments in the region. To meet key conservation goals, we address issues such as deforestation, haze pollution, food security, sustainable consumption and illegal wildlife trade.
The Market Transformation team strives to set impactful industry aspirations on sustainability in Singapore and Southeast Asia in the areas of palm oil, plastics, sustainable seafood, climate and illegal wildlife trade.
Through consultation and close collaboration with businesses, we build platforms, tools and practical solutions closely guided by data and science that help entire sectors to become more sustainable. The goal is to lower the threats to biodiversity and natural resources, as well as the impacts of climate change.
The project manager will play a pivotal role in driving product development and successful pilot roll out of a platform that includes a mobile app, web dashboard and a service desk for use by a range of different stakeholders in commodity supply chains. Together with multiple palm oil experts based in WWF-Singapore and WWF-Indonesia, he/she will support this fast-paced, high-impact initiative and work closely with the leadership team, product development team and stakeholders. In this project he/she will help us change the way palm oil supply chains are managed through the use of data and technology. Our goal is to end deforestation in the palm oil industry. The product development team will be based in Singapore, and the position may require travels to Sumatra if the situation allows.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage projects such as business initiatives, roll-out of platforms, development of tools and resources
- Coordinate cross-functional project teams and design processes to define the overall concept, approach and the elements required to achieve the vision.
- Manage the project work plans, organising meetings, prepare regular status updates and team check-ins, and ensuring work is delivered according to the agreed timelines
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and be responsible for the programmes monitoring, evaluation and learning process
- Maintain the project budget and ensure an effective risk management.
- Develop clear KPIs to evaluate project success and ensure that the data is being collated to analyse the KPIs
- Explore new features with a set of cross functional stakeholders from domain experts, supply chain actors and product development team
- Articulate and write product strategies for management and leadership team to achieve alignment and support from governments, certification standards, traders and buyers
- Maintain relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Support in organising business events and working groups
- 3-5 years of project management experience
- Professional experience in ideally environmental/ sustainability corporate, conservation or consultant roles, or tech, marketing, business development, partnerships roles
- A degree in management, business administration, sustainable development, sustainable management, conservation or environmental sciences
- Excellent critical thinking, stakeholder management and communication skills
- Clear understanding of the dynamic issues of commodity traceability and sustainability is essential
- Knowledge about palm oil traceability and palm oil smallholders is an advantage
- Experience with software development / agile development methodologies a big plus
Required skills and competencies
- Self-driven ownership of projects and strong project and relationship management skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills with a track record of developing influential networks
- Advanced written and verbal English, along with excellent presentation and public speaking skills with the ability to communicate complicated concepts to diverse audiences
- Maturity to work in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia is a big plus
- Ability to work constructively with and contribute to a high-performance team
- Strategic thinking and creativity in environmental sustainability problem solving
- Relationships in the palm oil supply chain are a big plus
- Ability to synthesise large amounts of information from various stakeholders and make recommendations to decision-makers in a structured and consistent way
- Good interpersonal skills, multi-task and ability to follow-up
- Passionate about conservation and sustainability
- Adhere to WWF’s values, which are: Collaboration, Integrity, Respect and Courage
- Internal – Global Palm Oil Team, Conservation, Policy & Advocacy, Communications, Sustainable Finance, Corporate Engagement, WWF country offices specifically WWF-Indonesia, WWF International and others
- External – Companies in the palm oil supply chain; external agencies, consultants and freelancers; other NGOs, certification bodies, government agencies, trade associations etc.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs and emergence of other special projects.
Interested applicants may submit their updated CVs and cover letter to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 28th October 2021. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line.