South Pole develops high quality emission reduction projects under reputable carbon standards such as the CDM, VCS and the Gold Standard; these projects are typically developed in Renewable Energy, Waste Management, Energy Efficiency and Fuel Switch sectors, leading to issuance of carbon credits. As a Project Manager, you will lead the development of South Pole’s high quality emission reduction projects projects in China. If you have experience with carbon standards and are passionate about sustainability and climate change, then we are looking for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop necessary project documentation as well as monitoring systems per CDM, Gold Standard, VCS, or Chinese CCER rules and regulations
- Manage relationships with third parties and supervise the validation and verification processes, including visiting project sites in China and other regions independently
- Develop strong client relationship in the project development process and build long-term trust
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher, ideally in Economic, Energy, Environmental Sciences, or the equivalent disciplines
- At least 5 years of relevant practical experience on emission reduction project development, with good understanding of sustainable benefits for different types of projects
- Proven records of successful project experiences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written skills and ability to write quality project documents
- Native Chinese Mandarin speaker or equivalent. Good oral and written command of English is a must.
- National, or holder of a valid work visa in host country
- Collaboration in a challenging and exciting global company with a real purpose
- Work with highly dedicated and motivated experts of South Pole’s dynamic team
- Excellent team spirit