GGGI seeks to recruit a Programme officer who will be in charge of all capacity development-related activities of the multi-year project, titled Climate Resilient and Inclusive Green Growth for Poor Rural Communities: Accelerating Implementation in the Agriculture Value Chain in Oriental Mindoro, under the partnership and sponsorship of the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA).
The project is partnered with, and aligned with the policy direction of, the Climate Change Commission (CCC), Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), and the Provincial Government of Oriental Mindoro (PGOM) of the Philippines.
In order to ensure top-tier level of delivery of the project, the Philippines team seeks to hire an individual who is highly passionate and energetic about driving value chain innovation in poor rural communities working with public and private sector stakeholders. This position holder should be a dedicated team player with demonstrated professional integrity.
GGGI supports the Republic of Philippines in its transition toward climate resilient and inclusive green growth. GGGI intervention is designed to directly and indirectly support the Philippines aligned with the Philippine Development Plan (2017–2022), the National Climate Change Action Plan (2011-2028), the Philippine Renewable Energy Roadmap (2017-2040), and the micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSME) Development Plan (2017-2022) of the Philippines.
GGGI focuses on structuring bankable projects as well as developing and/or strengthening policies that will provide an enabling environment for such investment in local government units (LGUs), which will end up contributing to Reduced GHG Emissions; Creation of Green Jobs; Increased Access to Sustainable Energy Services; and Enhanced Adaptation to Climate Change.
Aligned with the strategic direction, GGGI partners with KOICA to address three interlinked challenges that hinder sustained and inclusive development of rural communities in the Province of Oriental Mindoro, which are:
- Low adaptive capacity against short and long-term risks of climate change among rural communities and agri micro-enterprises in Oriental Mindoro,
- Poor development of agri micro-enterprises, and
- Limited capacity of government and non-government stakeholders to design and implement climate resilient green growth initiatives at scale.
Therefore, the project is composed of three main outcomes:
- Outcome 1. Greater climate resilience of farmers, agribusinesses, and vulnerable local communities achieved through the implementation of evidence-based climate policies in Oriental Mindoro.
- Outcome 2. Design, financing, and operationalization of micro-enterprises and a Provincial Agricultural Center (PAC) in Oriental Mindoro.
- Outcome 3. Improved capacity of government and non-government stakeholders to implement climate resilient, inclusive and green agriculture value chain projects in Oriental Mindoro.
The Programme officer will be primarily focusing on the design and delivery of capacity development activities (Outcome 3), including tool development, module production, knowledge management, communications, and any other required activities. The position holder will report to the Country Representative, while working closely with staff and experts related to other outcomes.
In coordination with the relevant GGGI Units, external experts and organizations, s/he will lead the research, analysis, and packaging of relevant local and global lessons and learning materials into knowledge products that are applicable to the context of the project in the Philippines. S/he will design and deliver innovative capacity development activities and utilise available technologies to influence the participation of target stakeholders while ensuring the achievement of learning outcomes.
The position holder is required to deliver all capacity development related activities to promote profitable, climate resilient, inclusive and green agriculture value chain in the Philippines. The delivery will be supported by partner institutions both in the Philippines and Republic of Korea. The Program Officer will be primarily focusing on the design and delivery of Outcome 3.
The details of deliverables that the position holder should oversee and implement, but not limited to, are summarized as below:
- Conduct capacity needs assessment and develop training modules.
- Conduct online and offline training activities for local government officials (subjects include climate change and green growth; policy development and project origination via Climate Vulnerability and Risk Information System (CVRIS); agriculture value chain development; maintenance and operation of selected micro businesses and Provincial Agriculture Center.
- Conduct online and offline training activities for farmers, agri cooperatives/ micro businesses and relevant association (subjects include climate change, green growth, and agri business; technologies for climate resilient agriculture; business management and entrepreneurship; marketing and finance, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP); and product quality control
- Provide benchmarking cases and mentoring services to stakeholders via consulting, international learning mission (to Korea), and post-learning monitoring session.
- Conduct post-learning monitoring sessions and summarize project experiences and lessons learned.
- Provide support in designing, organising and implementing GGGI in-country activities, e.g. (online) event, conferences, whenever required
- Overall project operational support will be required.
- At least 7 years of working experience or its equivalent in capacity development, training, knowledge management, and communications field, ideally in both international and Philippines setting. The experience in training service / hospitality / media industry in the private sector, or agri-business sector in the Philippines will be a plus.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, economics, media, political science, international relations, development, or other areas related to green growth.
- Good appreciation of capacity challenges across a broad set of relevant stakeholders (e.g. local and national governments, civil society, private sector, particularly rural based micro businesses and/or start-ups targeted to provide development solutions) in the Philippines.
- Experience coordinating successful functions and events (workshops, meetings, etc.) that are smoothly run and well-facilitated, equipped with the latest technologies supporting effective interactions among participants.
- Experience in project monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Experience in producing high-quality documentation and designing presentation material is a must.
- An excellent command of spoken and written English. Korean is a plus.
- Dedicated team player, with result-oriented, pro-active, and creative mindset to solve problems.
- Able to perform duties on time under time and political constraints.
- Ability to work independently while proactively seeking concurrence and instructions.
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, facilitation and networking skills.
- Highly-organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritise.
- Willingness and ability to travel following business needs.
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organisational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Has strong client orientation.
- Process and share information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.