IIX (Impact Investment Exchange) and IIX Foundation have played a pioneering role in developing and leading the global impact investing space. IIX and IIX Foundation’s work is focused on women empowerment, climate action and opportunity for disadvantaged communities — all under the umbrella of inclusive finance. Over the past decade, we have operated a vibrant equity crowd funding platform (Impact Partners), developed innovative financial products such as the Women’s Livelihood Bond, created award-winning technical assistance programmes such as IIX ACTS, delivered over 40 research papers, conducted a popular Impact Institute (where we teach about impact investing/innovative finance), and prepared over 140+ impact assessments — which together have unlocked close to $100 million of private sector capital, avoided over a million tons of carbon emissions and impacted over 24 million lives creating livelihoods, providing access to finance, and bringing affordable education, healthcare, agriculture, and water to the remotest corners of the world. IIX has received numerous awards for its work including the Oslo Business for Peace Award, the Nobel Prize for Business.
For more information about IIX, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an un-paralleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space. You thrive in applying finance skills to tackle development issues and excel in creating solutions using structured strategies and innovative programmes that address and solve the world’s most pressing problems, from food security to inclusive finance to clean energy. You aim to become a global development leader who has a passion for international development and to get involved in work that makes a difference.
When you join IIX, you embark on a rewarding career of doing good for the world where we are also heavily invested in your professional development, as we will build on your strengths and help you gain new skills with training, coaching, encouragement and guiding you in the right direction.
You WANT to instigate change.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission driven: Commitment to sustainable development and innovative finance as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximisation and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating new opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilising human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID (US government), Sida (Swedish government), and DFAT (Australian government).
Role: IIX is looking for an Analyst/Associate for various programs and initiatives. The analyst/Associate must be a proven leader with an eye for detail and a desire to make a difference. The successful candidate must be an excellent writer, a critical thinker, and an energetic team player. The Analyst/Associate will manage all aspects of IIX programs, including liaising with the various technical assistance providers, donor agencies, corporate foundations, and social enterprises. The Analyst/Associate may also contribute to the technical content and design of the program, as applicable. He/she will be expected to create and direct new business opportunities, provide strategic business planning, including exploring and executing grant funding and other revenue opportunities. The Analyst /Associate will be a proactive member of a high performing team that together is responsible for meeting mission and fundraising goals.
The position will be based in Singapore. Candidates with additional experience may be considered for the Manager role.
Successful candidates will be:
Mission driven: Commitment to social entrepreneurship as an alternative path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns.
- These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping social enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the social enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of creating opportunities.
- At least two to five years of relevant work experience, ideally in.
- International development: Experience working in or with an internationally focused foundation, corporate foundation, non-profit, or bilateral or multilateral donor;
- Operational Management: Experience working in or with growth-stage enterprises, ideally as an entrepreneur.
- At least an undergraduate degree in the social sciences, economics, or business.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and professional experience working in one of IIX’s five priority sectors: energy, agriculture, water, health, and education.
- Professional communication skills in English; additional languages highly desirable.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, high-performing team environment, building relationships with other team members and managing a range of responsibilities.
- Field level development work experience, preferably in Asia and the Pacific.
- Must be a team player, with a passion for entrepreneurship and market-based solutions to poverty, and an understanding of the challenges of investing in the Asian markets served by IIX.
- Positive and self-motivated attitude
A self-starter able to multi-task, meet administrative deadlines, and achieve programmatic targets.
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Availability for periodic travel across the Asia Pacific.
- A graduate degree in the social sciences, economics, or business.
- Emerging markets links: Strong networks with other investors, entrepreneurs and strategic partners in the financial services industry value chain (banks, payment processors, money transfer organizations, mobile network operators).
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with a diverse group of stakeholders (such as government agencies, and policymakers, social entrepreneurs, large, international private corporations, and donor agencies).
- Experience, ease, and confidence with public speaking.
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity towards working in South and Southeast Asia.
- Submission: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and one-page writing sample to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for an interview. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.