Eco-Business is looking for a passionate and talented individual to join our growing team and help lead our newly-launched platform, The SDG Co. This global sustainability innovation platform is aimed at helping sustainability solutions reach markets and achieve scale.
This role requires solid product and community-building experience, and impeccable English writing and speaking skills. You will work with a wide range of partners from public, private and multilateral organisations across the world.
You must have an excellent work ethic, a passion for marketing purposeful content, work to tight deadlines, be a team player, and possess a keen interest in sustainable development and how it relates to the business world. Web development and coding skills will be considered favourably.
Established in 2009, Eco-Business is an independent media and business intelligence company dedicated to sustainable development and ESG performance.
We publish high-quality, trusted news and views in multimedia formats on business and policy developments around the world with a sustainability and ESG-focused lens. Our platform features more than a decade-long archive of information on sustainable development issues in the region and globally.
Its content is categorised and searchable by the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and core sustainability topics, and it also provides a key platform for individuals and organisations to publish jobs, events, press releases, and research.
We provide research and consulting on wide-ranging issues which create strategic value for our partners and clients. We also own and create thought-leadership platforms which inform policymaking, improve business practices and foster collaboration among different sectors.
Over the past decade, our stories and initiatives have gained international recognition and won multiple regional and international awards. We are guided by the sole objective of generating positive impact for society and the environment.
Eco-Business is headquartered in Singapore, with a presence in Manila, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Zurich, New York, and correspondents in major cities across the world.
Our partners include the world’s biggest brands, Fortune 500 companies, MNCs, governments, multilateral institutions, civil society organisations, and philanthropic foundations that are aligned with our values and mission.
ABOUT THE SDG Co
The SDG Co is a global hub for sustainability innovation, with the mission to accelerate capital allocation towards this space, by lowering the barrier-to-learn for the sector across the ecosystem
- The web app provides access and consultation with industry experts, market research, innovation challenges, hosting and community networking functions for all stakeholders, including startups, corporates, investors, government agencies, NGOs, academic institutions and media partners.
- The platform is supported by UN Environment Programme’s Global Opportunities for Sustainable Development Goals (Go4SDGs), Temasek Foundation., Climate Action SG Alliance, EB Impact, and Tembusu Partners.
- The SDG Co has also adopted the six principles of the Innovation and Sustainability Alliance (IxSA), which is a global group of practitioners who have created a new manifesto for sustainability innovation.
Reporting to the SDG Co General Manager, you will be responsible for leading the product roadmap and development for the community platform theSDG.co. You will be guiding the development teams around weekly sprints and coordinating resources for new features’ rollout.
You will also lead the charge in building strategy for user growth and retention, including planning for marketing channels (on and offline), understanding cohort behavior, and identifying growth opportunities across stakeholder groups in investors, founders, corporates, gov’t agencies, NGOs, etc.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional verbal and written communication skills, is meticulous and pays the highest attention to detail. You should also have a good understanding and ability to utilize Google Analytics, Hotjar, Google SEO, Twilio, Campaign Monitor, along with a good understanding of agile product management principles.
- We are looking for a versatile and purpose-driven individual, to join a team in building a game-changing platform that meets the needs of sustainability and innovation. We are looking for someone entrepreneurial, adaptable, detail oriented, determined and eager to learn
- You will be the leader in a dynamic product development team, and in working with business and editorial teams around your growth objectives
- Externally, you will be the champion in building The SDG Co community with stakeholders across investors, corporates, startups, NGOs and government agencies.
- Reporting to The SDG Co’s General Manager, you will apply product management skills to push our roadmap, with a user-centric view on building B2C features (expert-on-demand, community networking, events) and B2B features (market maps, innovation challenges, analytics and admin dashboarding) for the platform
- The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, verbally and in writing, with a can-do attitude eager to find solutions to any problem that may arise. You will have proven experience in growing and managing KPIs for user-centric platforms or communities in the past, with particular acumen around user persona mapping, acquisition and retention metrics
- This is a full-time role physically based in Singapore, but can consider remote candidates in the Asian timezone
WHY THIS ROLE IS UNIQUE
- Front-row leadership role in bringing an early-stage digital product to scale globally
- Exposure and network to global community of stakeholders across investors, corporates, startups, government bodies and academia - great way to build network and launch career into sustainability
- Autonomy - you’ll be in an environment that enables you to challenge yourself, challenge peers and teams, try new things to break then grow
- 10X - Be part of a fast-growing organisation with ambitious plans to become industry leader regionally and globally
- Collaborative and open culture that values receiving and giving feedback
To be considered for this position, you must possess the following:
- Have some product management experience of a B2B2C or B2C platform
- Demonstrated a entrepreneurial mindset and track record - whether that is in- or out-side of work
- Knowledge or track record in sustainability would be ideal
- Understanding and experience in creating and executing online marketing strategies
- A can-do attitude, eagerness to learn, and a versatility in domain knowledge
- Can speak at least one other regional language
Only those with the required experience will be shortlisted for interviews. All shortlisted candidates will be required to take a writing and/or video test.
To apply, please send an email with the role as the subject line, covering letter, CV, and links to samples of your work to Monique Armstrong, Operations and HR Manager at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!