We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as a product and marketing intern. You will be given an opportunity to be exposed to the media and sustainability industry, and be given an opportunity to work on Eco-Business’s recently launched global sustainability innovation platform The SDG Co.
About this role
- We are looking for a self-learner, who is determined, detail-oriented, and eager to join this role, sitting at the cross-sectional nexus of business development, operations, product development, and community building.
- The role will help fresh-grads develop a robust breadth of skill sets — stakeholder management, desktop research, digital marketing and events organization.
- Ideal candidate is a clear communicator, verbally and in writing, with a can-do attitude eager to find solutions to any problem that may arise.
- Reporting to The SDG Co Product Manager, he/she will take ownership of a number of strategic initiatives, such as (but not limited to) new feature roll out, business development with VCs, startups and corporates, hosting podcast and virtual events, all to contribute towards a growing mission in furthering sustainability priority and awareness throughout innovation ecosystem.
- S/he will have an opportunity to collaborate with external parties like product development studio, government innovation arms, investors, corporate sustainability business teams, startup founders, etc.
- Setup, monitor and drive towards our acquisition and retention metrics to grow systematically.
- This is a minimum 6-month internship starting immediately.
- This is a physical role based in Singapore.
Why this role is unique
- Front-row seat to the development of an early stage digital product to scale globally
- Exposure and network to global community of stakeholders across investors, corporates, startups, government bodies and academia - great way to build network and launch career into sustainability
- Left- and right-brain balance in managing workload from product development to growth marketing, along with event coordination and community building
- Hands-on collaboration with senior management to understand economics and assumptions behind strategic decision making
Who you’ll work with
- Managing director
- Product manager
- External software developers
- Community stakeholders
- Marketing manager
What we’re looking for
- Outside-the-box creative thinking to do things a little bit differently
- An entrepreneurial spirit for resourcefulness to overcome, and enjoy, any challenge
- Ability to collaborate across functional teams and communicate complex ideas clearly
- Thorough and mindful communication - in writing and verbal
- Basic to intermediate Excel and Powerpoint aptitude
To apply, please send in your cover letter and CV to The SDG Co associate director Jen Loong at firstname.lastname@example.org and Operations and HR manager Monique Armstrong at email@example.com
An internship stipend will be paid. Shortlisted candidates will be required to do a writing test. The applicant deadline is 30 October. We look forward to your application!
Established in 2009, Eco-Business is an independent media and business intelligence company dedicated to sustainable development and ESG performance.
We publish high-quality, trusted news and views in multimedia formats on business and policy developments around the world with a sustainability and ESG-focused lens. Our platform features more than a decade-long archive of information on sustainable development issues in the region and globally.
Its content is categorised and searchable by the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and core sustainability topics, and it also provides a key platform for individuals and organisations to publish jobs, events, press releases, and research.
We provide research and consulting on wide-ranging issues which create strategic value for our partners and clients. We also own and create thought-leadership platforms which inform policymaking, improve business practices and foster collaboration among different sectors.
Over the past decade, our stories and initiatives have gained international recognition and won multiple regional and international awards. We are guided by the sole objective of generating positive impact for society and the environment.
Eco-Business is headquartered in Singapore, with a presence in Manila, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, Zurich, New York, and correspondents in major cities across the world.
Our partners include the world’s biggest brands, Fortune 500 companies, MNCs, governments, multilateral institutions, civil society organisations, and philanthropic foundations that are aligned with our values and mission.
About The SDG Co
The SDG Co is a global hub for sustainability innovation, providing networking to experts and content to break down barriers to learning for the sustainability sector for all stakeholders, including startups, corporates, investors, government agencies, NGOs, academic institutions and media partners.
The web platform had recently been soft launched at Eco Business’ Unlocking capital for sustainability annual keystone event.
The platform is supported by UN Environment Programme’s Global Opportunities for Sustainable Development Goals (Go4SDGs), Temasek Foundation., Climate Action SG Alliance, EB Impact, and Tembusu Partners.
The SDG Co has also adopted the six principles of the Innovation and Sustainability Alliance (IxSA), which is a global group of practitioners who have created a new manifesto for sustainability innovation.