Job description - PEFC Chain of Custody Auditor
DoubleHelix helps people understand and care where their wood products come from, and make decisions that support forests, nature, and the communities that depend upon them.
Did you know that global consumption of wood is at record levels? And it’s set to grow faster due to demand for biomass (for green energy), wood fibres (for clothing) and engineered timber (for green buildings). This is good news for the environment…but only if all that wood comes from well-managed forest sources that continue to absorb carbon dioxide and protect biodiversity.
We are looking for a driven and ambitious individual to drive the market adoption of sustainable forest products certification. If you are looking for the nexus between environmental sustainability and practical industry solutions, DoubleHelix is for you.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in wood: You have some work experience in a timber or forest-products related company.
- Eager to experience new things: You are unafraid to learn new skills and can grow with the business.
- Good with people: You find it easy to establish rapport with others, which will come in useful when maintaining good relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- A team player: People enjoy working with you, and you like working with others.
- A problem-solver: You are able to think on your feet, analysing problems and proposing solutions.
- Curious, with attention to detail: You like to know how things really work, and ask lots of questions.
- Proactive: You’re not afraid to step out of your comfort zone to achieve success.
- Open-minded: The world is your oyster. You enjoy interacting with people from different countries, backgrounds and cultures.
DoubleHelix will provide you with:
- Full professional training to become a Lead Auditor and certification expert.
- A career path to business leadership.
- Warm, supportive and talented work colleagues.
- Opportunities to travel to interesting places, meet people of different cultures and learn about all kinds of industries.
- Attractive salary package commensurate with qualifications.
- Option to participate in the company incentive plan which includes financial and stock bonus after 1 year with the company and qualification as Lead Auditor.
- Conduct PEFC CoC audits in Singapore and across Asia.
- Engage with key stakeholders (PEFC International, National Governing Bodies, key regional associations) to drive uptake of PEFC CoC certification in the region.
- Work with other DoubleHelix auditors located across the region.
- Be the in-house knowledge expert in PEFC Chain of Custody, Controlled Sources, and all things certification related.
- Lead and chart the growth of DoubleHelix’s certification services to become the leading Certification Body for Singapore and Asia.
Education and experience
- At least 3 years’ work experience in timber industry or other forest based and related industries.
- Singapore Citizen / PR.
- Qualified ISO 9001 / 14001 Lead Auditor in the sector of forest based and related industries, or equivalent.
- Trained in ISO 19011 audit techniques.
- Qualified PEFC Chain of Custody Auditor, or equivalent.
- Participated in a PEFC-recognised Chain of Custody training within the past 2 years.
- Experience in conducting Chain of Custody audits for wood and wood-based products.
- Demonstrable ability to apply knowledge and skills in:
- audit principles (ISO 19011)
- a variety of organisation situations
- Education in forest based and related industries will be an advantage.
- Any additional languages (Chinese, or any of the Southeast Asian languages) at working level proficiency will be an advantage when conducting audits in the region.
- Knowledge of ISO 17065 Product Certification requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Physically fit.
Other staff benefits
- Telecommunications allowance
- Transport allowance
- Insurance benefit
- Staff welfare benefit
- Generous leave allowance
- Flexible work arrangements
- Vibrant and collaborative working environment
Please email your application to email@example.com. In your cover letter or resume, tell us what your favourite local dish is. If you do not include that, we will not consider your application - because you have not read this job description properly!
We look forward to welcoming someone with long-term commitment.
DoubleHelix is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant due to race, religion, nationality, gender, age, physical or mental abilities.