Eco-Business is looking for passionate and motivated individuals with strong business development and writing skills to join our growing, dynamic team as local Partnerships Manager for the following countries: China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Thailand.
These are individual roles for candidates who are based in their respective markets (Five positions in total, one in each market.) However, those with experience in regional business development in Southeast Asia can also apply.
Established in 2009, Eco-Business is an independent media and business intelligence company dedicated to sustainable development and ESG performance.
We publish high-quality, trusted news and views in multimedia formats on business and policy developments around the world with a sustainability and ESG-focused lens. Our platform features more than a decade-long archive of information on sustainable development issues in the region and globally.
Its content is categorised and searchable by the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and core sustainability topics, and it also provides a key platform for individuals and organisations to publish jobs, events, press releases, and research.
We provide research and consulting on wide-ranging issues which create strategic value for our partners and clients. We also own and create thought-leadership platforms which inform policymaking, improve business practices and foster collaboration among different sectors.
Over the past decade, our stories and initiatives have gained international recognition and won multiple regional and international awards. We are guided by the sole objective of generating positive impact for society and the environment.
Eco-Business is headquartered in Singapore, with a presence in Manila, Beijing, Zurich, New York, and correspondents in major cities across the world.
Our partners include the world’s biggest brands, Fortune 500 companies, MNCs, governments, multilateral institutions, civil society organisations, and philanthropic foundations that are aligned with our values and mission.
Reporting to the Managing Editor and Executive Director, you will be responsible for the growth, business development, and performance of Eco-Business’s business activities in your respective market.
The role requires the individual to possess an excellent track record in securing partnerships and/or business development. You must be good with client relationship management, and have a keen interest in sustainable development and how it relates to the business world. You will be largely be working remotely and must be able to work independently, and deliver excellent work to tight deadlines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promoting Eco-Business’s suite of products, including marketing services, branded content, events, research, consulting, and training solutions
- Conceptualisation and ideation of client projects
- Presenting to partners and leading meetings; brainstorming, reporting, writing and editing content
- Using and managing a CRM system for relationship management and administration
- Leading meetings to present ESG insights, content concepts, and works in progress
- Developing a strong, authoritative presence on social media channels to increase engagement
- Working with the editorial team on projects
- Presenting at or moderating industry and Eco-Business events
- Supporting the team in project delivery where required
- Some travel may be required occasionally.
Required experience (to be discussed in detail at interview):
- Proven track record in client business development and achieving revenue targets
- Proven track record in client relationship management
- Deep knowledge of ESG issues and how it relates to business
- Ability to produce high-quality client proposals in a timely manner
- A university degree in Business, English, Communication Studies or any other relevant field.
- 4-8 years of relevant working experience in winning and delivering projects
- A good understanding of sustainable development matters globally and in particular, in the Asia-Pacific region
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Near-native fluency in your market’s business language
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- Meticulous with accuracy and detail, able to spot the smallest of language errors
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and numerical skills
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the willingness to contribute to the success of a dynamic organisation.
Good to have:
- Familiarity with design and web tools such as Adobe Creative Suite will be considered favourably
- Confident presentation skills, ability to articulate abstract ideas clearly, and guide partners through the creative process, from conceptualisation to project wrap
- Avid consumer of media of all types
- Has a sense of humour
- Passion for and knowledge of the Eco-Business brand
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing test and/or video test before proceeding to interviews.
We are also open to those seeking freelance or contract-based positions.
To apply, please send an email specifically stating the market you are applying for (Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines or China) in the subject line, and include your covering letter, CV, and samples of your work by 15 May 2021 to: Jessica Cheam (email@example.com), Junice Yeo (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Monique Armstrong (email@example.com).