Eco-Business is looking for a passionate and motivated individual with strong operational skills to join our growing team as a Office Manager.
This is a role for candidates who are local or Permanent Resident based in Singapore, the location of our headquarters.
You will be given an opportunity to be exposed to the media and sustainability industry and learn the ropes of how to work within a dynamic, independent media organisation focused on achieving impact across Asia Pacific.
Established in 2009, Eco-Business is an independent media and business intelligence company dedicated to sustainable development and ESG performance.
We publish high-quality, trusted news and views in multimedia formats on business and policy developments around the world with a sustainability and ESG-focused lens. Our platform features more than a decade-long archive of information on sustainable development issues in the region and globally.
Its content is categorised and searchable by the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and core sustainability topics, and it also provides a key platform for individuals and organisations to publish jobs, events, press releases, and research.
We provide research and consulting on wide-ranging issues which create strategic value for our partners and clients. We also own and create thought-leadership platforms which inform policymaking, improve business practices and foster collaboration among different sectors.
Over the past decade, our stories and initiatives have gained international recognition and won multiple regional and international awards. We are guided by the sole objective of generating positive impact for society and the environment.
We are headquartered in Singapore, with a presence in China, India, Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia, and correspondents in major cities around the world.
Our partners include the world’s biggest brands, Fortune 500 companies, MNCs, governments, multilateral institutions, civil society organisations, and philanthropic foundations that are aligned with our values and mission.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the office management function of the business.
The role requires the individual to possess an excellent track record in administration, some HR and operations. You must be good with people, able to build and nurture relationships. A keen interest in sustainable development and how it relates to the business world would be an advantage. You must be able to work independently, and deliver excellent work to tight deadlines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative support to the Management team in the day-to-day operations of the business Supporting the Managing Director on some human resources-related strategy, recruitment process, talent acquisition and retention
- Supporting the Management team to prepare, consolidate business reports, presentations and documents, coordinate with related parties for complete information in a timely manner
- Support team members in vendor registrations and procurement when required
- Ensure all internal and external communications are handled properly and in compliance with company guidelines Schedule appointments and coordinate arrangements for meetings and interviews.
- Support other ad-hoc projects/ tasks as per request.
- Responsible for team travel management (if any). Update and share booking resources, guidelines, updated policies & regulations, process & procedures.
- Monitor the travel arrangements to ensure compliance with group travel policy.
- Responsible for visa application and provide relevant support for employee oversea travel.
- Any other travel support.
- General degree with at least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Proven track record in administration, HR, operations and event experience
- Strong time management skills, a master of prioritization and multitasking
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and highly proficient in MS Office applications.
- Proactive, anticipating the Management team’s needs
- Highly efficient, organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Resourceful, finding pragmatic ways to get things done.
- Exhibit high professionalism, dependability
- Autonomous, requiring minimal oversight.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the willingness to contribute to the success of a dynamic organisation.
Good to have:
- Familiarity with relevant technology platforms such as MS Office (a must), HR systems, CRM systems such as Hubspot, preferred but not required.
- Confident people skills
- Avid consumer of media of all types
- A sense of humour
- Passion for and knowledge of the Eco-Business brand
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing test and/or video test before proceeding to interviews.
We are also open to those seeking freelance or contract-based positions.
To apply, please send an email to: Rebekah Mah (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jessica Cheam, Managing Director, email@example.com .
Immediate availability is favourable.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.