IIX is a global organisation dedicated to building a more inclusive world by changing financial systems and innovating solutions for women empowerment, climate action, and community resilience. Over the past decade, we have built the world’s largest crowdfunding platform for impact investing (Impact Partners), created innovative financial products such as the Women’s Livelihood Bond, operated award-winning enterprise technical assistance programs such as IIX ACTS, and established an Impact Institute for training and education. To date, our work has spanned 46 countries, unlocked US$127 million of private sector capital to support 150+ enterprises, avoided over a million tons of carbon and impacted over 77 million direct and household lives. The foundation of IIX’s work is its proprietary Impact Assessment which effectively measures the social and environmental impact of the investment and gives value to the voices of the underserved. IIX has received numerous awards for its work including the Oslo Business for Peace Award, the ‘Nobel Prize for Business.’
For more information, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an un-paralleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space. You thrive in tackling development issues and excel in creating solutions using structured strategies and unprecedented programs that address and solve the world’s most pressing problems, from food security to inclusive finance to clean energy. You aim to become a global development leader who has a passion for international development and to get involved in work that makes a difference.
When you join IIX, you embark on a rewarding career where we are heavily invested in your professional development, as we will build on your strengths and help you gain new skills with training, coaching, encouragement and guiding you in the right direction. It is a value addition to advance your career, providing you invaluable exposure to the rapidly growing impact investing space.
You WANT to instigate change.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission driven: Commitment to social finance and impact investing as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID and Sida.
As part of the Knowledge Management and Marketing team, this role will appeal to an individual with an upbeat personality and who is a team player. This position will be responsible for supporting the department in marketing tasks and coordinating marketing projects and activities. This role requires a ‘hands on’, conscientious and self-motivated individual who consistently meets objectives and timescales. Being naturally organized and able to manage multiple projects at the same time is essential.
The applicant will work on a range of different marketing disciplines and on a unique portfolio of growing events with assigned responsibility for specific key areas. Flexibility and a hands-on approach will be essential for success in a very busy working environment. This is an exciting opportunity in a demanding, but very rewarding role, within a fast-growing company.
You will have the opportunity to make a direct and measurable impact - to content, products or internal and external clients. You will have direct exposure to the management team and have the chance to share your ideas and opinions with them regularly.
Specific scope includes:
- Assist with the global event planning, concept development and project management.
- Be the primary interface/contact person for specific groups of event partners and sponsors during the run-up to events and onsite at events.
- Maintain and improve relationships with our regional media and press partners to increase exposure of our event.
- Support the team and play an instrumental role in contributing to, and development of, integrated marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop and implement creative marketing strategies that will make an impact, support the brand and drive online traffic.
- Liaise and network with a range of stakeholders including potential partners, colleagues, suppliers and press.
The position will be based in our Singapore headquarters.
To be a successful candidate with IIX, you should be:
- Highly organized and with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and able to work autonomously without being nudged or reminded about tasks and responsibilities.
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
- Able to anticipate potential problems and know when to ask for help.
- Very familiar with digital media applications such as adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, video editing as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Drive.
- A great communicator - via email, by phone and in-person.
- An excellent negotiator, and is resourceful and relentless in trying to get to a solution.
- Able to understand that the world of events is not a 9-5 job, all the time.
- Professional in appearance and demeanor, comfortable dealing with high-level executives globally.
- Ideally fluent in English with another language would be a benefit.
- Diploma or Degree in Mass Communications preferred
- Has prior working experience in a related field or industry
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be comfortable in using digital media and social media platforms and adapt to new platforms as part of job scope.
Submission: Please submit a resume, cover letter, your college/university transcripts and a one-page writing sample to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for an interview to discuss your skills, interest and experiences. You will also be requested to complete a writing exercise and a marketing skills exercise. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.Only candidates who are excellent writers, critical thinkers and energetic team players will be successful at IIX.