Use your communication skills to tackle climate change and make a real difference for people and the environment.
ClimateCare is a market leading Social Enterprise operating in the climate and sustainable development space. A Profit for Purpose business, we help organisations turn their climate responsibilities into positive impacts by supporting projects that cut carbon and improve people’s lives.
Ranked the number one B Corp in the UK in 2018, we are looking for a talented and ambitious communications professional to join our team.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for shaping and delivering ClimateCare’s communications strategy as we reach an exciting point in the organisation’s growth.
- Develop and manage our brand presence, ensuring the ClimateCare brand is front of mind with our target audiences and stakeholders
- Execute effective and innovative marketing and PR campaigns that drive business development and raise our profile, effectively communicating who we are and what we stand for. Through effective management and the provision of content, guidance, templates and support you will ensure the ClimateCare brand is represented consistently and in a way that is aligned with our core purpose and values at all times.
- Support our customers, helping them effectively and clearly communicate their work with us,
- Manage and develop a marketing manager and marketing executive and bring in expert agencies to support delivery when required.
Main purpose of the job
The main purpose of the Marketing Team is to create a sense of urgency and drive key audiences to take action on climate and development issues, positioning ClimateCare as the ‘go to’ organisation for large business and governments to take responsibility for their climate and social impacts.
To achieve this, communications need to:
- Be inspiring, timely and relevant to the audience
- Demonstrate the team’s expertise and thought leadership in the fields of climate and sustainable development and show why ClimateCare’s offering is relevant to potential clients.
- Contain clear calls to action
- Maintain and enhance ClimateCare’s brand awareness & reputation
- Add value for our clients and partners, using their stories to inspire others and creating positive brand equity for both organisations.
Deliver effective marketing campaigns
Working with the wider team you will oversee the generation of new leads and the delivery of sales promotion campaigns to support business development across our Oxford, Nairobi and India offices. You’ll ensure effective allocation of spend, robust evaluation and regular feedback between sales and marketing teams to create continuous improvement. You will also input into proposals and pitches as required.
Provide support for our clients
Working with our account managers you will identify communications activity that delivers measurable value for our clients and for ClimateCare. In addition to providing communications advice to clients, you will create, deliver and measure the impact of communications around their ClimateCare programmes.
- Own and deliver the corporate communications plan. Ensure effective use of marketing spend to meet objectives, together with regular measurement, evaluation and reporting of activity.
- Manage the ClimateCare brand and provide templates and design support to ensure all outbound materials are of a consistent high quality.
- Manage, maintain and optimise the ClimateCare website, working with the wider teams to ensure it accurately represents our brand and delivers inbound leads.
- Manage our social media presence in support of business development objectives.
- Manage our presence at events – and secure awards and speaking opportunities to increase our profile.
- Manage external content strategy, ensuring relevant and timely content for PR, social media and digital channels.
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative and effective campaigns which deliver positive results, in support of sales objectives and priorities.
- Support our business development teams with content development, copywriting and design, to ensure they have the materials available to develop leads and close sales.
- Provide relevant marketing and PR support for our clients, helping them communicate their work with ClimateCare and securing endorsement and positive profile through articles, awards, speaking slots and case studies.
- Recruit, manage and develop the Marketing Manager and Marketing Executive. Brief and managing external freelancers / agencies when required.
You will be passionate about tackling climate change and keen to make your mark in this sector. You are a self-starter, someone who likes to set strategy and work ‘hands on’ to deliver it. You will already have extensive experience managing successful corporate or third sector communications in a related topic area and delivering integrated B2B communications campaigns in the Climate Change, Corporate Sustainability, Environment or Sustainable Development space. You inherently understand the concepts surrounding these issues and will be able to understand and simplify complex concepts to communicate them effectively to audiences, You will proactively seek out opportunities to promote the work of ClimateCare in a very ‘noisy’ environment.
You will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ marketing communications experience, at least some of which is in a relevant sector.
- Experience of setting SMART objectives for your team and for team members and ensuring high standards of team performance.
- Experience of owning / working across the communications function for an organisation and managing all aspects of the marketing mix to meet objectives.
- Proven ability to write engaging, concise, relevant copy delivering cut through for different audiences. You must have an excellent grasp of English, ability to understand complex concepts, attention to detail and a strong ability to write, review and proof copy.
- Hands on experience supporting sales teams with lead generation and provision of sales materials in a complex B2B environment
- Experience of campaign tracking, measurement and evaluation (ideally through Salesforce).
- Knowledge of website analytics tools and experience of updating, managing and optimising a WordPress website.
- Experience of developing and publishing content across multiple digital and social media channels.
- Experience of writing and placing articles in the media and handling press enquiries.
- A relevant degree and/or professional qualification
- Be a self-starter, who takes full responsibility for their deliverables with very strong organisational and interpersonal skills, self-belief, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure whilst handling multiple work streams.
- Be passionate about tackling Climate Change, and highly motivated by the role ClimateCare plays in this and the work it does and have a desire to make a difference.
- Have a strong sense of humour; enjoy working within a small team, but with absolute responsibility for your deliverables.
- Be keen to share your expertise and upskill the wider team.
- Ambitious to learn and develop your own experience and skill set – in marketing and in the sector.
- Be a real team player and work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV to Rhiannon.email@example.com. Please include a covering letter to tell us about your skills and experience and how your communications expertise would add value to ClimateCare.