IIX is a global organization dedicated to building a more inclusive world as the foundation for sustainable peace. We do this by changing financial systems and innovating solutions for women empowerment, climate action, and community resilience. Over the past decade, we have built the world’s largest crowdfunding platform for impact investing (Impact Partners), created innovative financial products such as the Women’s Livelihood Bond, operated award-winning enterprise technical assistance programs such as IIX ACTS, and established an Impact Institute for training and education. To date, our work has spanned 40 countries, unlocked nearly $75 million of private sector capital to support 130+ enterprises, avoided over 850,000 tonnes of carbon and impacted over 23 million lives. IIX has received numerous awards for its work including the Oslo Business for Peace Award, the ‘Nobel Prize for Business.’
For more information about IIX, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
We have a small and energetic team, and this is a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of role. You should be a resourceful problem solver who knows how to push the envelope and embrace new challenges. As a personal assistant to the Founder and CEO, you will get invaluable first-hand exposure to the rapidly growing impact investing space. You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an unparalleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission-driven: Commitment to social finance and impact investing as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID and Sida.
About the role:
We are looking to expand our team and bring on board dynamic individuals who are excellent communicators, critical thinkers and effective doers who naturally builds relationships that lead to results. The successful job incumbent will provide effective and efficient administrative and secretariat support to the Founder and CEO.
It should be noted that the role provides excellent opportunities for career progression to other departments within the organization.
- Grow and develop strategic initiatives and get involved in organization-wide operational efforts such as partnerships development
- Cultivate relationships with individual partners to enhance IIX and IIX Foundation’s visibility, access and influence while developing a broader platform for further pipeline building
- Create new business opportunities for IIX and IIX Foundation
- Develop an understanding of IIX and IIX Foundation’s strategy and preferred approach for partnerships and program fundraising
- Provide support services which include organizing, scheduling and coordinating meetings and appointments
- Manage CEO’s calendar with strong attention to accuracy, details and allocation of time resources to promote productivity and anticipate the need to re-prioritize as required
- Organize domestic and international travel arrangements and prepare complex travel itineraries for the CEO
- Provide assistance and support to corporate events, including board meetings and marketing events.
- Assist with any special and ad-hoc projects under the CEO
The position is based in Singapore and the successful candidate will report directly to the Founder and CEO of IIX.
To be a successful Associate with IIX, you should have:
- At least 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience with executive assistant or personal assistant is a plus
- At least a Bachelor/Master’s degree holder from any discipline
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Positive and proactive mindset is essential, willing to go the extra mile to get the work done
- Excellent organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities and multi-task under tight deadlines
- Passion for changing the world for social good will be an advantage
- Excellent proficiency working in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Singaporeans, Singapore PR or candidates on DP/LTVP with work eligibility preferred.
Submission: Please submit a resume, a motivation letter, your college/university transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for an interview to discuss your skills, interest and experiences. You may also be requested to complete a writing exercise. IIX is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates who are excellent writers, critical thinkers and energetic team players will be successful at IIX.