FSC is a market-based mechanism that seeks to drive on-ground forest management change through preferential selection and purchase along the supply chain. For FSC to be successful, an understanding of the supply chain and product trade flows to and from the region are important in helping to drive FSC supply and demand.
The Asia Pacific Market Development Analyst is a new and important role and supports the Asia Pacific Market Development Manager and Regional Director to make targeted decisions on how best to link supply and demand across the region and expand the reach of FSC across the Asia Pacific region.
You will source, analyse, interpret and see through forest-based products’ trade and supply chain data to present key market trends, business development opportunities and supply chain challenge facing FSC in the APAC Region.
Working with FSC teams and knowledge partners from across the region and around the world your work and will enable the Asia Pacific Market Development Manager and Regional Director to make informed and evidence-based decisions on strategic developments across APAC.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
Your main responsibilities include:
- Leading the establishment of tools and approaches to collect, track and interpret forest product trade flows across the region from the forest, through processing to receive domestic and international markets
- Provide actionable analytics and insights into FSC’s position, opportunities and challenges across the APAC Region, through collection and analysis of information from various data sources (trade data, supply/demand, Key Account profiles, regional performance)
- Support the management of relevant value chains and trade APAC level projects, coordinating inputs from various partners as required for successful delivery
- Support coordination of APAC Network Meetings to drive evidence-based decision making and an entrepreneurial perspective on market data
- Support development and implementation of communication tools for the APRO Office to inform, engage and support regional partners on trade, supply chain and market development threats and opportunities
- Be a critical hub for information on market linkages in Hong Kong for APAC Network Partners and relevant stakeholders supporting them as necessary in agreement with the APAC Market Development Manager
- Support the APAC Regional Director in data and analytical task that support regional growth and development
Functional Attribution to Organizational Unit:
You will report directly to the Market Development Manager, Asia Pacific and have regular contact with the Asia Pacific Regional Director.
Whilst you will not have staff reporting to you, you will work with Value Chain Team, consultants, data providers, from across the region.
Execution of Discretionary Power:
The position is a highly influential advisor in Regional Strategy and Operations and has a dedicated budget.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Projects and tasks are managed, implemented and reported upon as planned and budgeted.
- Appropriate mechanisms to share information between FSC Asia Pacific Regional Office and APAC Network Partners are identified and implemented.
- Effective and efficient identify supply, linking supply and demand and growing supply in the APAC region and report to Market Development Manager, Asia Pacific.
- Timely and professional interaction with internal and external stakeholders/ clients.
- Relevant APAC Network Partners enquiries are responded to within reasonable timeframes.
- High levels of service satisfaction from APAC Network Partners and colleagues in Network Unit.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values and mission of FSC.
- Well familiarised with FSC value chains, programs and activities
- High level of diligence and accuracy.
Cooperation with other Operational Units:
•All units of FSC International
•ASI – Accreditation Services International.
•Other FSC Regional Offices.
•FSC Network Partners
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
•University degree or equivalent experience in Data Science, Analytics, Information Management, Market Analysis, Business Analysis or relevant field
•Formal training or experience in scripting, querying or statistical languages and programming is highly desirable.
•Formal training in project management is also a plus.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
•At least four years of experience in a data or market analytics role
•Strong attention to detail plus the ability to present complex analysis, interpretation and conclusions in a clear and concise way (visually and verbally) Essential to have a strong understanding in database concepts & data modelling, market intelligence disciplines & data management tools
•Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of tasks
•Strong analytics aptitude with structured problem-solving skills
•Proven ability to prioritise, plan and organise work.
Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and collaboratively as a member of a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary, multi-lingual, global team Languages:
•Fluency in English (spoken and written).
•Other Asian languages are desirable but not required.
Computer Skills – expert skills in the use of/experience with:
•Advanced software packages (MS Office), particularly MS EX-CEL.
•Proficiency in data visualization tools, ideally PowerBI
•Experience with CRM (Customer Relations Management) systems, e.g. Salesforce, GIS, data management, survey delivery and programming is a plus.
•Exemplary verbal and written communication skills that contribute to cohesive team efforts and decision making.
•Active-listening skills plus the ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.