About Global Initiatives
Global Initiatives (GI) is an international company based in Singapore operating in the field of Sustainability. It has traditionally helped promote partnerships between corporate entities and their stakeholders to address global challenges. Its partners include a large number of multinationals and international organisations such as the UNDP and WWF to name a few.
Two of the more well-known initiatives from GI include the Sustainable Business Awards (SBA) and the Responsible Business Forum (RBF) which have been running across Asia and internationally for a number of years.
The SBAs showcase the region’s best sustainable business practices in the corporate sector and serve as a platform to catalyse growth and awareness in corporate sustainability within each country.
The RBF is a global event series which helps drive sustainable industry solutions through public-private partnerships that enhance responsible business growth. Over the past decade, GI has hosted international forums in Africa, Europe, the Americas, and more recently in countries like Indonesia, Thailand, China, and Singapore.
You will be joining GI at a very exciting time as the organisation is venturing into new and arguably pathbreaking ways to convert conversation into action, and is exploring areas where GI can play a pivotal role in shaping sustainability in Singapore and beyond.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for content production for the SBAs and RBFs. You will also oversee all internal and outgoing communication including social media.
You will look after the company’s content production which would include overseeing and writing feature stories, compiling reports on sustainability trends. You will also be in charge of media partners, managing and writing for Global Initiatives’ social media assets, and helping to deliver any additional digital content projects. Your duties will include (but not limited to) research, conceptualising and ideation of content projects; presenting to partners and leading meetings; brainstorming, reporting, writing and editing content, as well as the sourcing and commissioning of relevant freelance writers. You will work closely with the Creative Director for the creation of any visuals for GI communication and content material.
For GI’s events, you will be in charge of establishing non-paying partnerships with esteemed organisations and audience development. You will play a vital role in providing input for the content development of conferences and forums to create exciting, relevant, and engaging programmes.
• Sourcing and developing high-quality content for digital platforms and events – sustainability news, insights reporting, visuals
• Ensuring consistent brand communications across all GI platforms and products
• Social media strategy and management of different social media platforms, and reader engagement via comments and tweets
• Draft and send press releases and be the contact point for media
• Conceptualising ideas and angles for content projects
• Oversee audience development and partnerships for events
• Work closely with the Creative Director and Programs team
• Programming oversight for events
• A keen interest and experience in sustainability and development issues
• A university degree in English, Communication Studies, Sustainability, or any other relevant field
• A proven track record of sourcing and writing creative and original pieces, and successful follow-up on social media management and engagement
• Ability to manage multiple portfolios, work well under pressure and complete tasks according to deadlines
• A keen eye for detail and accuracy, support for written and spoken English Language skills, and fluency in another Southeast Asian language is a bonus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and willingness to contribute to the success of a small but dynamic organization
• A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Background in the field of Sustainability
• Experience with communications and business development
• Personal interest to maintain knowledge of new or evolving branded content trends and information
• Confident presentation skills, able to articulate abstract ideas clearly, and guide partners through the creative process, from pre-sales to project wrap
• Familiarity with design and web tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS
• Ability to contribute and adapt efficiently to a changing sustainability landscape
The role is based in Singapore. Some travel may be required occasionally.
Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents
All shortlisted applicants will be required to furnish a writing sample or portfolio.
Please send a covering letter (1-page) and CV (2-page max.) to Chief Operating Officer, Shefali Chaddha at email@example.com
The application deadline is July 31. Immediate availability will be viewed favourably but is not a limiting factor for the right candidate.
We look forward to receiving your application. Best of luck!