Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) is seeking an experienced manager to support the capacity and capability building arm of GCNS. Assisting companies in advancing their sustainability ambitions will be achieved through training and workshops, as well as developing and sharing tools, resources and research.
This role will focus on developing content and initiatives on sustainable finance and labour-related issues, as well as support UN Global Compact initiatives at the local level.
The ideal candidate has a passion for sustainability and is a dynamic team player. The successful candidate will join an active UN Global Compact network that promotes corporate sustainability and responsible business in Singapore and the region.
- For sustainable finance
- Oversee the development, implementation and promotion of sustainable finance initiatives at GCNS (including but not limited to research, learning workshops, and engagement events)
- Work with UN Global Compact to launch the UN Global Compact CFO Action Platform in Singapore, including distilling insights and knowledge, and recruiting local companies for the Platform
- Develop strategic relationships with relevant government stakeholders, NGOs and business associations to collaboratively deliver programmes and services on sustainable finance issues
- For labour
- Lead the strategy and activities under the labour pillar of UN Global Compact
- Develop strategic relationships with relevant government stakeholders, NGOs and business associations to collaboratively deliver programmes and services on labour issues
- Oversee regional activities and training for select UNGC global initiatives
- Support research initiatives and knowledge creation for Singapore and regional markets.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of new capacity building initiatives and events
- Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Deputy Executive Director
- A minimum of 5 years work experience with a degree in Business Studies (or related field) or relevant work experience. Disciplines related to sustainability, development or the environment are also welcome
- Strong strategic, conceptual, analytical and planning skills
- Goal-oriented with a mature disposition to take ownership of projects and targets assigned
- Strong communicator (written and verbal). Comfortable engaging with a wide range of stakeholders across different sectors, regions and seniority levels.
- Possess a positive work ethic and determination in achieving targets within tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Accept that OT is necessary at times
- A firm understanding of sustainability and the SDGs, with a strong interest to learn and delve deeper into specific sustainability issues
- Technical knowledge and experience with relevant ESG standards and reporting frameworks (e.g. GRI, ISO) is highly desired
- Able to work within a small team dynamic
- Experience in organising and facilitating training programmes is desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint required. Knowledge of design software would be an advantage
- A market-competitive salary
- A progressive and dynamic work culture that offers flexibility in work arrangements and recognition schemes
- A learning and growth-oriented work culture with ample professional development opportunities
- A community environment of awesome people to work with, five days a week
- A nice and modern office working environment in the CBD area
If you are interested in the role and would like us to learn more about you, please send in your CV, together with a cover letter with your expected salary and notice period to be given, to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As the leading voice on corporate sustainability, GCNS drives multi-stakeholder action to forge a more sustainable future, founded on the Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Through various platforms and partnerships, GCNS advances the stewardship of sustainable business practices and Singapore’s national agenda of becoming a regional sustainable business hub. In addition, GCNS nurtures the next generation of responsible business leaders through its youth initiatives.
GCNS is a Collaboration Partner for GRI ASEAN Regional Hub and supports the Singapore chapter of the World Bank Group’s Carbon Pricing Leadership Coalition (CPLC). GCNS is also proud to have the Singapore Business Federation (SBF), National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) and Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) as Principal Members.