About Global Initiatives
Global Initiatives (GI) is an international company based in Singapore operating in the field of Sustainability. It has traditionally helped promote partnerships between corporate entities and their stakeholders to address global challenges. Its partners include a large number of multinationals and international organisations such as the UNDP and WWF to name a few.
The pillars of our business operation in GI include
- Stakeholder Engagement: Sustainable Business Awards (SBA) and the Responsible Business Forum (RBF)
- Integrated Data Solutions: Corporate Sustainability Program (CSP) and the Supply Chain Assessment Tool (SCAT)
- Corporate Communications
You will be joining GI at a very exciting time as the organisation is venturing into new and arguably pathbreaking ways to convert conversation into action, and is exploring areas where GI can play a pivotal role in shaping sustainability in Singapore and beyond.
Being an agile and dynamic firm, employees in GI engage in a wide range of activities. They are encouraged to show initiative and to operate independently.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for helping deliver on the company’s key objectives. These would include:
- Engaging with the company’s external stakeholders ie clients, partners and supporting agents to identify sales leads, communicate all product developments to prospective and existing clients,
- Delivering multi stakeholder events ie SBAs and RBFs ie to implement commercial and strategic partnerships with organisations in accordance with GI’s overarching objective and overseeing internal and outgoing communications,
- Contributing to the new strategic initiatives via ideation, brainstorming and concept validation,
- Manage content marketing for the company, may include editorials, feature stories, GI’s social media and some digital assets.
Several of these activities will be undertaken with support from other executives.
Job criteria / required experience
- Singaporean and PRs only
- Event development and product marketing experience
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to engage with senior executives with confidence
- Ability to manage multiple portfolios, work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, willingness to contribute to the success of a growing and dynamic organization, and able to articulate ideas clearly
- Have a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Support written and spoken English Language, and fluency in another Southeast Asian Language is a huge bonus
- Relatively comfortable with Social Media and familiarity with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Infographic Design, etc is a bonus
- And finally an individual who wants to help the world become a better place ie an interest in the field of Sustainability.
The role is based in Singapore. Some travel may be required ultimately.
Please send a covering letter (1-page) and CV (2-page max.) to Chief Operations Officer, Shefali Chaddha at email@example.com and Corporate Sustainability Programs Manager, Racia Yoong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immediate availability will be viewed favourably. Application deadline is 15th October.
We look forward to receiving your application. Best of luck!