With companies in Singapore and Southeast Asia taking a more strategic approach to embedding responsible and sustainable business practices, there is an increasing demand for people with the expertise and skills to address the social and environmental challenges we face. Corporate Citizenship understands that not only do we need to recruit and develop the best talent to advise our clients, but also that we have a responsibility to support people looking to enter and build a career in the field of sustainability.
We offer a rolling 4 to 6 month internship programme in our offices around the world. Our interns get the opportunity to be involved in supporting projects across our full range of services. Some of our interns have been employed by Corporate Citizenship permanently, others have gone on into permanent employment elsewhere after completing the internship.
The intern will support Corporate Citizenship’s Singapore office in its sustainability consulting work for clients. The intern will have the opportunity to support the team with client projects, working on a broad range of assignments that will develop their skills and expertise across our service areas in sustainability strategy, materiality assessments, sustainability reporting and impact measurement. The scope of work will include conducting research, participating in team meetings/discussion, supporting business development and marketing, as well as general office and admin support. S/he will have the opportunity to leverage insights from his/her own unique skillset and gain valuable research and analytic experience in sustainability.
- Contribute to client project work, including desktop research, benchmarking, and data analysis in line with Corporate Citizenship’s standards for high quality consultancy and advisory services as required.
- Contribute to business development activities – research into industries and companies, supporting the development of proposals, manage contact database and coordinate local marketing activities.
- Conduct research project(s) – conduct research into a given topic in order to produce or contribute to an article, report or similar deliverable that will be published.
- Provide administrative support to project managers and directors in connection with client delivery globally; putting together presentations, binders, reports etc.
Knowledge, skills and experience (preferred background to do the job)
- A degree in a related discipline, such as environmental sciences, social sciences, business studies, public policy, communications etc.
- Passionate about the positive contribution business can make to society and sustainable development
- Strong research and writing skills
- Attention to detail and organisational abilities
- Comprehensive IT skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Adhere to deadlines that vary according to changing client needs
Competency Profile (what does it take to get the job done)
- Demonstrated interest in responsible and sustainable business issues
- Team player, independent and proactive
- An effective time manager and communicator
- Bright, outgoing personality, able to build good working relationships