IIX is a global organization dedicated to building a more inclusive world as the foundation for sustainable peace. We do this by changing financial systems and innovating solutions for women empowerment, climate action, and community resilience. Over the past decade, we have built the world’s largest crowdfunding platform for impact investing (Impact Partners), created innovative financial products such as the Women’s Livelihood Bond, operated award-winning enterprise technical assistance programs such as IIX ACTS, and established an Impact Institute for training and education. To date, our work has spanned 40 countries, unlocked nearly $75 million of private sector capital to support 130+ enterprises, avoided over 850,000 tonnes of carbon and impacted over 23 million lives. IIX has received numerous awards for its work including the Oslo Business for Peace Award, the ‘Nobel Prize for Business.’
For more information about IIX, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID and Sida.
About working with IIX:
We are looking for a mission driven, results oriented and resourceful independent grant proposal writer with a background in International Development. You thrive in tackling development issues and excel in creating solutions using structured strategies and unprecedented programs that address and solve the world’s most pressing problems, from food security to inclusive finance to clean energy. You aim to become a global development leader who has a passion for international development and to get involved in work that makes a difference. The successful candidate should have experience in writing successful grant proposals for various international organizations and/or other local and international development clients and organizations.
Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel), and database management skills. The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities; comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special programs.
Primary responsibilities include preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of responsible professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities in the IIX core sectors of work, namely energy, agriculture, water, health and education.
Example of a typical scope of work:
- Research on national development goals and sustainable development agenda, to identify gaps and opportunities
- Identify sector and development experts, schedule and conduct interviews to validate gaps per sector and more broadly for development
- Identify entry points for social entrepreneurship to expedite social progress, with particular attention to impoverished areas in need of accelerated economic growth
- Synthesize data gathered and gap analysis to produce a well written report for wide distribution to ecosystem players
- Prepare materials (briefing, handouts, agenda etc.) and assist in coordination for a knowledge sharing event for ecosystem players to be held upon completion of the report
- At least 3+ years of relevant work experience, and a proven track record of grant writing and program management.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Communications, English or Writing or the equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a strong research background.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and professional knowledge in one of IIX’s five priority sectors: energy, agriculture, water, health, and education is preferred.
- Experience in fund-raising and winning advisory assignments
- Field level development work experience, preferably in Asia and the Pacific.
- Positive and self-motivated attitude.
- Excellent proficiency working in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
Closing date: Positions are open until filled.
Submission: Please submit a cover letter, a resume, remuneration expectations and writing samples to email@example.com; IIX is an equal opportunity employer.