Finance and data specialist
Are you well-organised and a fast learner? Communicative and proactive?
DoubleHelix is looking for a Finance & Data specialist to join our team. We are not looking for the most qualified candidate; we are looking for someone who is the best fit for the team and eager to grow with the business. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
Who we are
Established in 2008, DoubleHelix is headquartered in Singapore and provides comprehensive verification, risk assessment and risk mitigation solutions for supply chains in support of the legal and responsible global trade in timber products. We combine cutting edge scientific technologies with on-the-ground audits and inspections to independently verify product claims, building trust and assurance in wood products.
We are a fun and dynamic group of people with dedicated teams in Singapore, USA, Indonesia and Myanmar. We’ve been featured in the Economist, Reuters, BBC and the Straits Times, being the only company in the world to do what we do.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A quick learner: You are unafraid to learn new skills and can grow with the business.
- A team player: People enjoy working with you, and you like working with others.
- Proactive: You’re not afraid to step out of your comfort zone to achieve success.
- Well-organised: You like when things are in order and you know exactly where to find all your stuff.
- Detail-oriented: You pay extra close attention to the little things.
- Great with numbers: You’re not intimidated by spreadsheets or large amounts of data.
- Tech-savvy: You’re generally able to catch on quickly, navigate your way around new systems and possess good troubleshooting skills.
Double Helix will provide you with:
- Career exposure to different facets of the business and development towards business leadership
- Full professional training in quality management and auditing management systems
- Warm, supportive and talented work colleagues
- Attractive salary package commensurate with qualifications
- Option to participate in the company incentive plan which includes financial and stock bonus after 1 year with the company.
This will take up the bulk of your time. While we don’t require you to be accountancy trained, we expect you to be good with numbers and spreadsheets. Training and support is available for the right person. While we have established processes in place, we always welcome open discussions and honest feedback on how to improve and become more efficient as a whole.
We use cloud accounting software (Xero) and have support from third party accountants. You ensure that the invoices are issued and sent out on time, incoming bills are entered into the books and that our good processes are applied for approval of payments and claims. Other aspects of managing our accounts include, but not limited to:
- Bank reconciliation
- Monitoring cash flow/receivables
- Payroll (we use a cloud-based software)
- Monthly CPF submission
- Working with multiple currencies (SGD/USD/EUR etc.)
- Preparing quarterly financial statements
- Business performance analysis / reporting directly to Executive Director
- Liaising with our financial auditors for the annual financial audit and filing of annual financial accounts with ACRA
You will take on a data-driven role involving data collection, organisation and output to a client-facing digital platform. You will also be involved in team projects around data workflow and design. Eventually, we would like you to monitor the system performance, recommend and implement improvements.
No worries if you don’t have an “IT background”- we will provide the training and guidance necessary to get you started. All we ask is that you join us with a strong desire to learn and contribute to the team.
You will liaise with our corporate secretary to ensure that we are timely in our reporting/filing of the following:
- Income tax filing for employees (IR8A / AIS)
- Quarterly GST filing
- Corporate income tax
You will also be interfacing with suppliers and landlords to keep our offices running smooth, and maintain an organised record of company documents, letters, and insurance policies.
Education and experience
- Singapore citizen or Permanent Resident only
- Completed tertiary education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and responsibly
- Experience in finance or data management would be welcome.
- Multiple language skills
Other Staff Benefits
- Telecommunications allowance
- Transport allowance
- Insurance benefit
- Staff welfare benefit
- Generous leave allowance
- Flexible work arrangements
- Vibrant and collaborative working environment
Please email your application to email@example.com. In your cover letter or resume, tell us if you prefer penguins or sea lions. If you do not include that, we will not consider your application - because you have not read this job description properly!
We look forward to welcoming someone with long-term commitment.
DoubleHelix is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant due to race, religion, nationality, gender, age, physical or mental abilities. We don’t discriminate against penguin or sea lion lovers either.