Greenview is a boutique consultancy and research firm with the vision of utilising its unique role in hospitality and tourism to catalyse best practices and innovation in sustainability and social responsibility.
Greenview provides leading organisations globally with advisory services, programme development & implementation, data & measurement solutions, reporting services, software as a service data platform, collaborative industry initiatives, and research services. As part of a growing field in a growing industry, Greenview seeks to solidify its presence and reputation as a thought leader for Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) measurement and reporting.
Given the breadth of topics covered and the range of clientele, Greenview seeks to employ bright, passionate colleagues to help advance the business while offering them an environment of continuous learning as a springboard for professional development and the flexibility to encourage personal wellbeing. Like everyone else at Greenview, the Manager position is intended for those who like to work hard while maintaining balance, feel a sense of satisfaction from making a real difference, and enjoy working in a fun industry while supporting it with ever-evolving advisory and research services.
This position will likely be challenged with new knowledge on a weekly basis, be required to develop creative recommendations routinely, and be expected to hold routine client work and conference calls some evenings across a global team and clientele. The ability to thrive in this environment is essential.
North America (Eastern or Central Standard Time Zone).
The Manager will report to various team members and project managers based on specific assignments, including its Founder, Managing Partner, and Directors.
Areas of responsibility
The primary role of the Manager is to support the management and execution of Greenview’s company projects and various deliverables set forth in client and industry collaboration projects regarding the advisory, programmes development and implementation, measurement, reporting, data platform enhancements and research services. In this role, the Manager will undertake directly, or oversee other Greenview team members in the following:
Lead client engagements and account management for services relating to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) disclosure, sustainability programmes, reporting, and research.
- Provide advisory consultation to clients upon request regarding topics relating to corporate responsibility, sustainability, and ESG.
- Create guidelines, checklists, policies, procedures, and other related program content, to align with best practice and frameworks, and enable clients to carry out and enhance programmes.
- Draft narrative content for sustainability reports, trends reports, and other communications.
- Lead or provide advisory support in professional design and layout of reports and communications.
- Lead or support qualitative landscape/benchmarking studies on corporate sustainability programmes, goals, disclosures, performance, and rankings among companies, with corresponding data collection and analysis for client sustainability reporting, industry research, and data management needs.
- Support industrywide and destination-wide collaborative initiatives through project management, technical advisory, and coordinating functions and engagement for meetings, calls, workshops, trainings, presentations, and events.
- Create, update, and utilise project plans, reporting critical paths, tracking templates and data platforms for both processes and performance data for client use and Greenview research, which incorporate the streamlining of various sustainability criteria and client deadlines.
- Support the ongoing use of the Greenview Portal, a software as a service, providing account management and support to end users as needed.
- Build and establish relationships with clients and industry contacts.
- Represent Greenview at industry events and conferences.
- Perform various administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications, skills, & core competencies required
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in one or more of the following: sustainable business, hospitality and/or tourism, environmental studies, accounting, or a transferable degree
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the above, experience within in the hospitality industry strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years performing ESG reporting and/or advisory work with frameworks and ratings (i.e. GRI, CDP, RobecoSAM, SASB, TCFD etc.) directly in an internal function within a company or rating, or as a consultant or industry engagement body
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), with particularly strong experience in Excel
- Strong communications, writing (in English), analytical research, and organisational skills
- Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of organisations and with a wide variety of functional expertise
- Personal commitment to Greenview’s vision and the ability to articulate it to others
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Self-starter and fast learner
- Creativity and flexibility
- Keen attention to detail
- Team player
- Global vision and openness
- Stress tolerance and resilience
- Passion for helping to build a better planet
- Willingness to travel up to 15 per cent of the time
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and based on current market