Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading independent media and business intelligence organisation dedicated to sustainable development and responsible business in the region.
Our suite of sustainability solutions, delivered by our research and advisory team, supports our wide-ranging partners across government, business, academia and civic society in stakeholder engagement, knowledge building and curating impactful thought leadership.
We are looking for a competent and dynamic individual to help drive Eco-Business’s suite of climate-related programmes, analyses and thought leadership.
This role requires expertise in climate change and environment consulting or disclosure. You should be based in an Asian market and possess a keen interest in developing solutions that promote climate action among the private and public sectors.
The duties include:
- Building Eco-Business’ climate change solutions in stakeholder dialogue, research, consulting and training for our clients and community
- To serve as a trusted consultant in helping organisations design strategies to effectively disclose, reporting, monitor and improve environment and climate impact, especially carbon-related programmes for our partners, clients and community.
- Support Eco-Business’s research and consulting practice in the delivery of climate change, carbon and sustainability projects in Asia
- Provide subject matter expertise to a wide range of projects as part of multidisciplinary teams, supporting both advisory, engagement and editorial efforts
- 3-5 years of climate change and environment-related experience
- Knowledge of the TCFD framework, as well as in setting science-based or net-zero targets
- Familiarity and knowledge of the wide range of global sustainability frameworks and methodologies to measure ESG performance
- A proven track record of prospecting and securing new business
- Client-oriented, with a strong ability to lead on client engagements
- Meticulous, with a close attention to detail
- Proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Tech savvy and comfortable with learning to use new technology and virtual platforms
- Adaptable to changes, ability to learn fast and possess problem solving skills
- An ability to capture, analyse and distil complex information into succinct and clear messaging
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Confident presentation skills
- Excellent command of the English language, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
Good to have:
- Fluency in a second Asian language
- Avid consumer of media of all types
- A good sense of humour
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Business finance / investment / accounting experience
- Experience in the Asia Pacific region
- Passion for and knowledge of the Eco-Business brand and editorial standards
We are open to hiring an individual based in an Asian country. Singapore applicants should possess a residence permit. All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing test.
To apply, please send a cover letter, your latest CV, and possible starting date to Jessica Cheam (Managing Director), firstname.lastname@example.org, Junice Yeo (Executive Director) email@example.com and Monique Armstrong (Monique.firstname.lastname@example.org) to formally apply for this role.
Immediate availability is favourable.
We look forward to your application!