The oceans contain a huge amount of energy. Capturing this energy could have substantial benefits to meet the growing energy demand and actively contribute to the decarbonisation efforts globally.
Bluenergy is a Singapore based start-up company that owns and provides “PLUG AND PLAY” marine energy products and solutions. Our Blue Tidal Turbines, designed and developed by our team, are small and versatile, enabling multiple deployment, installation and end user options. These include marine electrification, green hydrogen developers, electrification of off-grid islands and energy generation from rivers and fast streams.
It is the first marine renewable energy solution provider in South East Asia to pioneer the integration of energy generation, storage and distribution. Bluenergy integrates the relevant technologies to enable delivery of energy directly from the sea, rivers and fast streams, to the end user.
This role will jointly report to Deployment Director and Technical & Sustainability Advisor.
Key responsibilities include:
- Involved in full product development cycle from concept, engineering calculation, detailed design, component selection and engineering drawings
- Ensure proper documentation throughout the development cycle and design change process
- Design and development of automation equipment such as Electrical circuit and Hardware in compliance with existing relevant regulations.
- Troubleshooting of newly developed system in accordance with technical requirements.
- Establish technical guidelines for the calibrations and operation of sensors and encoders
- Review installations and assembly documentations periodically to ensure compliance with organizational procedures
- Strategise on maintenance, work instruction and methods to create effective preventive maintenance procedures.
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and installation of electrical equipment, Instrumentation controls, components and systems which are used to monitor and control plant engineering systems, machinery and processes
- Analyse breakdowns, diagnose faults and lead time critical equipment repairs. Implement preventive measures to improve machine reliability.
- Undertake electrical duties as required including test and inspection, reactive maintenance, rewiring and installations
- Inspecting the installation, modification, testing and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Represent Company at technical meetings with clients, stake holders, professional and contractor teams
- Execution of project in accordance with general specifications, particular specifications, technical specifications and drawings, etc.
- To be technically minded, able to demonstrate numerical and scientific ability and have problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate and good hand-on experience such as AutoCAD, Fusion 360, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office etc.
- Knowledge on VDF control
- Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA)
- Have a good safety mindset and display good WSH behavior
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and good teamwork skills
Please email your CV to email@example.com with the the subject matters “Electrical Engineer - Singapore)