Eco-Business is looking for a passionate and motivated editor to join our growing team, lead the organisation’s growth and further our brand of purposeful journalism in the Asia Pacific region.
This role requires impeccable English writing and speaking skills, a proven track record in journalism and sharp business acumen. You will be leading an award-winning journalism team and a network of writers from across the Asia Pacific region. You will work with Eco-Business’s wide range of partners from the public and private sectors and multilateral organisations across the world.
You must have an excellent work ethic, work to tight deadlines, be a team player and a competent leader. You should also have a passion for and keen interest in sustainable development issues and how it impacts and interacts with business and government.
Additional Asian languages, design and production skills will be considered favourably.
Established in 2009, Eco-Business is an independent media and business intelligence company dedicated to sustainable development and ESG performance.
We publish high-quality, trusted news and views in multimedia formats on business and policy developments around the world with a sustainability and ESG-focused lens. Our platform features more than a decade-long archive of information on sustainable development issues in the region and globally.
Its content is categorised and searchable by the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and core sustainability topics, and it also provides a key platform for individuals and organisations to publish jobs, events, press releases, and research.
We provide research and consulting on wide-ranging issues which create strategic value for our partners and clients. We also own and create thought-leadership platforms which inform policymaking, improve business practices and foster collaboration among different sectors.
Over the past decade, our stories and initiatives have gained international recognition and won multiple regional and international awards. We are guided by the sole objective of generating positive impact for society and the environment.
Eco-Business is headquartered in Singapore, with a presence in China, Philippines, Malaysia, India, and correspondents in major cities across the world.
Our partners include the world’s biggest brands, Fortune 500 companies, MNCs, governments, multilateral institutions, civil society organisations, and philanthropic foundations that are aligned with our values and mission.
Reporting to the Founder and Managing Director, you will be responsible for leading the Eco-Business newsroom and all editorial projects. You will be involved in writing, producing and managing our wide editorial coverage across the region, as well as branded content, thought leadership events and platforms.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional verbal and written communication skills, is meticulous and pays the highest attention to detail. You should enjoy networking, meeting and building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, and have an excellent sense of what constitutes great, impactful content.
You will be given responsibility and accountability for Eco-Business’s editorial deliverables, as well as contribute to the growth of the platform in the region. Excellent and sensitive communication and negotiation skills will be key to balancing our editorial as well as our partners’ objectives.
- Managing and running the Eco-Business newsroom, editorial team and correspondents across the region.
- Be responsible for daily coverage of sustainable development trends and stories on the Eco-Business platform, including its multiple languages and geographies.
- Working with the senior leadership team at Eco-Business to grow the platform in the region.
- Developing and pitching ideas, brainstorming and delivering a wide range of EB Studio branded content products, thought leadership programmes and programme development, where needed.
- Work with the wider editorial team on editorial projects across all of Eco-Business platforms including the written word, podcasts, videos, photography, features, long form special reports, among other formats
- Work with the marketing team to oversee and manage Eco-Business’s social media strategy and engagement policies
- Work in collaboration with the partnerships team to engage brand partners; support the Director of Partnerships to execute branded content projects, events and business strategy.
- Support the development of some select strategic proposals and pitches.
- Build and maintain key relationships across the business (including commercial and editorial).
- Generate insights from and report on key metrics across our content platforms to guide effective decision making and programme development.
- Coordinate with our partnerships and editorial teams to ensure brand consistency.
To be considered for this position, you must possess the following:
- A keen interest in sustainability and development issues.
- A university degree in English, Literature, Communication Studies, or any other relevant field.
- Experience in the Asia Pacific region
- A proven track record of journalism and editing experience in the newsroom of an established media outlet
- Sound news judgement
- Knowledge and application of media law and ethics
- A track record of being able to create and produce engaging stories across multimedia formats
- Willingness and ability to use data to inform decisions.
- The ability to multi-task and cope with tight newsroom deadlines.
- Strategic thinking, excellent project management and organisational skills
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy, and excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the willingness to contribute to the success of a growing and dynamic organisation.
- Well-developed cultural competence and emotional intelligence.
- Familiarity with photography and videography gear and production, design and web tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS, as well as social media and project management tools will be considered favourably
- A clear understanding and application of the Eco-Business brand and editorial principles.
Only those with the required experience will be shortlisted for interviews. All shortlisted candidates will be required to take a writing and/or video test.
This full time role is based in our Singapore headquarters.
To apply, please send an email with the role as the subject line, covering letter, CV, and links to samples of your work to Monique Armstrong, Operations and HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Jessica Cheam, Founder and Managing Director, at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application!