In RSPO, we believe that the success of a company rests on the expertise of its people. They are the real brains who engineer its evolution into exciting phases of development. They create, strategise and mastermind, and their only instinct is to propel the company forward no matter what it takes. It all begins with new ideas and the ability and drive to bring them to a realisation.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative and strategic individual to fill the position of Director of Assurance.
The incumbent will be fully responsible for building a trusted and credible Assurance System for RSPO, which is fit for purpose, transparent, consistent and facilitates increased productions of CSPO, whilst driving the support and increased uptake of sustainability requirements as well as serves as a channel for system improvement and learning.
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Lead the operational activities of the Assurance Department which include management of the certification processes and the CSPO trading platform.
- Provide quality management systems of assurance and oversight processes including continuous improvement through data analytics.
- Ensure sufficient allocation of resources to deliver a credible certification scheme, which results in strengthened accountability with stakeholders and increased adoption of the RSPO Principles & Criteria.
- Enhance the performance of service providers including accreditation and certification bodies to deliver competent and credible service under the RSPO certification scheme, via trainings, analytics and interpretation platforms that leads to continuous improvement of the implementation of the assurance systems
- Facilitate stakeholder engagement in the assurance process, participation, and decision-making processes affecting them, which aims to reduce incidents through more consistent and streamlined processes.
Fundamentals of the successful applicant
Academic Qualifications & Professional Experience
Either a Degree in Conservation / Environmental Management or any related fields with a minimum of 8 years of experience in a Management role involved in work related to sustainability, audits, and/or certification
A minimum of 15 years working experience in a Management role specific to palm oil cultivation, conservation, certification or related industries and involved in work related to sustainability, audits, and/or certification
What’s on offer
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi stakeholder organisation, where making a difference to People, Planet & Profit is not just a statement but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited send in their most updated CV giving comprehensive details of education with emphasis on related achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer and due to the volume of applicants only shortlisted applicants will be notified.