- Lead Asia energy finance research towards a zero-emissions future
- Craft research strategy to impact Asia’s clean energy transition
- Remote-base in Southeast/North Asia; local work/residency rights required
The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is an NGO/non-profit think tank that produces a significant volume of original independent public interest research and analysis on issues related to sustainable energy markets, trends, regulations, and policies. Headquartered in the United States, IEEFA has staff located across the globe with a significant portion in the greater Asia-Pacific region.
Benefits & culture
- Join a dedicated and mission-aligned growing global team.
- Full time, initial 12-month contract with the option of extension by agreement.
- Attractive remuneration based on experience and local salary benchmarks.
To ensure that IEEFA’s work is impactful in the energy transition to a zero-emissions future, IEEFA is seeking an experienced research leader to manage the Asia team’s research and analysis on investments in energy markets across Asia.
As Director you will play a critical role in setting the strategic direction and priorities, while managing the team’s research work plan and key stakeholder engagement. You will work closely with the Regional Director, Asia to keep the team at the forefront of knowledge and perspective on the sectors and markets IEEFA covers. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop impact strategies and monitor performance outcomes
- Collaborate with analysts on issues related to Asia’s energy transition
- Manage the research work plan and track progress of research projects
- Mentor and guide analysts’ work, provide oversight and critical analysis
- Build and maintain strong and diverse stakeholder relationships
- Represent and build IEEFA’s profile
- Generate your own or collaborative research projects
You are an experienced, strategic and highly credible research leader with extensive experience and knowledge of finance and energy markets across Asia and have a strong desire to amplify IEEFA’s positive impact around the globe. Your understanding of Asian energy markets, the latest developments and how they relate to the investment community is underpinned either with established, trusted energy and finance stakeholder networks, or the proven ability to build and maintain them. Additionally, you bring:
- Experience developing and writing reports on Asia’s energy transition
- Proven ability to lead the research work of diverse and dispersed Asia teams
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and provide overall strategic direction
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, thought leadership; a collaborative work style
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Knowledge of power sectors is highly desirable
- Local work and residency rights for your Asia country of residence essential
If using your research expertise to help further IEEFA’s mission of a zero-emissions future resonates with you, please apply by sending your resume and a cover letter responding to the skills and experience, quoting # 918805, to email@example.com or call Lois Freeke on 03 8080 8976.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.