Greenview is a boutique consultancy and research firm with the vision of utilizing its unique role in hospitality and tourism to catalyze best practices and innovation in sustainability and social responsibility.
Greenview provides leading organisations globally with advisory services, program development & implementation, data & measurement solutions, reporting services, software as a service data platform, collaborative industry initiatives, and research services.
As part of a growing field in a growing industry, Greenview seeks to solidify its presence and reputation as a thought leader for Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategy, programs, measurement and reporting, as well as support implementation of sustainability practices and data management across hotel portfolios globally via its Greenview Portal software. Greenview has created and deployed several industry methodologies and tools for measuring various aspects of sustainability and pursuing net zero carbon emissions, which it also seeks to further enhance and roll out.
Given the breadth of topics covered and the range of clientele, Greenview seeks to employ bright, passionate colleagues from diverse geographic and ethnic backgrounds and range experience to help advance the business while offering them an environment of continuous learning as a springboard for professional development and the flexibility to encourage personal wellbeing.
Like everyone else at Greenview, the Data Analyst position is intended for those who like to work hard while maintaining balance, feel a sense of satisfaction from making a real difference, and enjoy working in a fun industry while supporting it with ever-evolving advisory and research services.
This position will likely be challenged with new knowledge on a weekly basis, be required to develop creative recommendations routinely, and be expected to hold routine client work and conference calls some evenings across a global team and clientele. The ability to thrive in this environment is essential.
Various team members and project managers based on specific assignments, with a locally-based Direct Manager
Areas of responsibility
The primary role of the Data Analyst is to support project managers to execute on various deliverables set forth in client and industry collaboration projects regarding program development and implementation, measurement, reporting, data platform enhancements and research services contracted in the areas of ESG and sustainability for organisations. In this role, the Data Analyst will support project managers on assigned projects and client requests including:
- Conduct data collection and consolidation and perform data analysis for client sustainability reporting, industry research, and data management needs.
- Create, improve, and utilise tracking templates and data platforms for both processes and performance data for client use and Greenview research, which incorporate the streamlining of various sustainability criteria and datasets.
- Support the roll-out and ongoing activities of the Greenview Portal, performing user acceptance testing, inputting data, debugging, and providing account management and customer support to end users.
- Support benchmarking studies on sustainability programs, goals, disclosures, performance, and rankings.
- Monitor project plans, project schedules, and work hours per assigned projects.
- Support initiatives through coordinating data outputs and related engagement for meetings, calls, workshops, trainings, presentations, and events.
- Document and follow up on action items from internal and external meetings.
- Perform various administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications, skills and core competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in one or more of the following: sustainable business, hospitality, finance, data analysis, systems engineering, mathematics, geography, environmental science
- Relevant experience in the above within the hospitality industry preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) with strong Excel skills and experience in Power Query and Power BI preferred
- Strong communications, writing (in English), analytical research, and organisational skills
- Ability to develop, maintain, and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a wide variety of organisations and with a wide variety of functional expertise
- Personal commitment to Greenview’s vision and the ability to articulate it to others
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Self-starter and fast learner
- Creativity and flexibility
- Keen attention to detail
- Team player
- Global vision and openness, including working with a multicultural and geographically diverse team and working hours
- Stress tolerance and resilience
- Passion for helping to build a better planet
- Competitive starting salary based on current market