Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading independent media organisation dedicated to reporting on sustainable development and responsible business in the region.
Our online marketing solutions help our partners in global brand building, stakeholder engagement and sophisticated thought leadership positioning. These include branded content, banner advertising, EDMs, social media engagement and multimedia content solutions.
Our Research and Consulting team also works with businesses to gain a deeper understanding of their markets and the relevant sustainability issues that impact their business and the wider society. In this vein, we run high-level roundtables, open dialogues and sustainability workshops that enable our clients to build influence, engage stakeholders and ultimately, support the sustainable development agenda.
If you believe in making a positive impact on the environment and society by telling engaging stories through the medium of film and photography to inspire action among businesses and corporates, we are looking for you.
This role requires solid experience in video production, story-telling and graphic design. You will work with a wide range of newsmakers and partners from public, private and multilateral organisations across the world to produce editorial and branded content.
You must have an excellent news sense, be able to shoot, film and produce high quality videos, and possess a keen interest in sustainable development and how it relates to the business world.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, you will assist in the development and production of video and editorial content.
You will be part of the entire production cycle of Eco-Business videos and distribute it across multimedia platforms.
Your duties will include research, concepting and ideation of branded content projects; presenting to partners and leading meetings when needed; brainstorming, filming, designing, writing and editing branded content; as well as developing and managing our network of partners and vendors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating multimedia content for a variety of products, from documentaries to covering events, producing sustainable development-themed videos for our daily news needs and producing branded content for partners and clients. For a good idea of the range of video content we produce, please visit our YouTube channel.
- Shooting footage and editing, operating various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production
- Writing, editing, story-boarding, creating narratives, explainers, video documentary concepts and/or data visualisations
- Graphic design for our marketing and editorial communications needs
- Leading meetings to present content concepts, and works in progress
- Client management - seeing through a project from start till end, including liaising with requirements from clients
- Social media management
- Leading the conception of branded content projects across all distribution platforms
- Developing and managing the Eco-Business network of partners and vendors across the globe
- Some travel may be required occasionally.
- A keen interest and experience in covering sustainability and development issues.
- An academic or practical qualification in Communications, or any other relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in camera operation and video editing working in related industries (journalism, media, advertising, video production, etc), including production (writing scripts, finding interviewees, liaising with clients)
- A proven track record and portfolio of high quality videos published
- The ability to multi-task and cope with tight newsroom deadlines.
- Extremely meticulous, have a keen eye for detail and accuracy, and superb written and spoken English language skills.
- Proficiency in graphic design and video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in handling and shooting with a variety of cameras and related equipment
Further attributes we are looking for:
- Great attention to detail and an eye for good composition and layout
- Confident presentation skills, able to articulate abstract ideas clearly, and guide partners through the creative process, from pre-sales to project wrap
- Maintain knowledge of new or evolving branded video content trends and information
- Avid consumer of media of all types
- Sense of humour
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Passion for and knowledge of the Eco-Business brand
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing and video test.
Please send a covering letter and CV to HR & Operations Manager Monique Armstrong, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!