Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading independent media organisation dedicated to reporting on sustainable development and responsible business in the region.
We are looking for regular freelance correspondents to join the Eco-Business Network of Journalists specifically for these markets: Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, China and Australia.
Here are the type of news stories/features we are looking for:
- Stories on the state of sustainability/ESG development in a particular country
- ESG/sustainability regulation in a particular industry and how it is evolving, its impact
- Investigative pieces/ exclusives/ exposes on a relevant sustainability issue
- Business opportunities in ESG/sustainability in a certain industry/country
- Start-up/innovation type stories
- Stories on the energy transition
- Stories on sustainable finance/financial flows/ the relationship between finance and ESG
- Social issues (human rights, labour rights, indigenous rights)
- Ethical practices (tax, anti-competitive behaviour, responsible marketing)
- Supply chain related stories
- Interesting stories on governance and risk management
Geographical coverage: Asia Pacific
We are also interested in stories from Europe and US if a link can be made to its relevance in Asia.
In writing for Eco-Business, we offer you support on story angling, editing, a platform for you to develop your published portfolio of work, interesting assignments and prompt payment (within 15 days upon publishing and invoice)
In return, we look for journalists who are responsive, consistent, deliver high quality news copy, demonstrate commitment and provide exclusivity for the pieces that we pay for.
Interested writers, please send in your CV and links to published writing in this field to firstname.lastname@example.org
To understand more about our content and the type of stories we publish, you can get our news instantly on Telegram here, and we can also be found on Spotify (podcasts), Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
We are also looking for freelance translators (mainly from English into selected Asian languages such as Mandarin and Bahasa) and freelance editors whom we might engage on a story or project basis. If you are interested, please get in touch.