REPORTS TO: Vice President of Programs
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA or Singapore
SUMMARY OF JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
Give2Asia is a US public charity, which promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia (www.give2asia.org). Give2Asia’s grants are made from contributions and recommendations provided by donors using our personalized US-Asia giving services.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Program, the Account Manager will be responsible for developing strong relationships between Give2Asia and its corporate donors (clients), connecting with key business leaders and stakeholders, and preparing reports on corporate philanthropy. Account Managers also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing customers. In this role, you will liaise between corporate clients and cross-functional internal teams (including Give2Asia’s Field Advisors in Asia, Finance, and recipient nonprofit organizations in Asia) to ensure the timely and successful grant making according to customer needs. This position may require occasional travel.
Ideally, candidates for this role will be self-motivated, solution-oriented individual who knows how to meet ambitious quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with Give2Asia and our services in the long-run. If you have a flair for client communication, are familiar with the international corporate philanthropy, and are passionate about supporting local community-based nonprofit organizations in Asia, we’d like to meet you!
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to corporate accounts
- Build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with key corporate philanthropy accounts and customer stakeholders through proactive contact and provision of value-added services, information, and advice that meets and exceeds donor expectations
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal stakeholders. Help customers through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in-person meetings
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of Give2Asia services according to client needs and objectives
- Forecast and track key account metrics produce both high-level and detailed grant making analyses, account metrics, and forecasts, adapted to the unique needs of each corporate client
- Ensure that all grants, regardless of type, have the required due diligence, grant agreement, project description and budget, interim report, final report, and donor reporting
- Ensuring that grants move efficiently and accurately through the grant making process with timely communication to clients, Field Advisors, and recipient nonprofit organizations
- Continuously analyze existing fund/grant databases and make recommendations for enhancements.
- Recommend and resolve problems, determine system improvements, and initiate and implement corrective actions when necessary.
- Update job knowledge on corporate philanthropy in Asia by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
Additional: Additional special projects may include:
- Enhance department and organization processes by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Manage and provide leadership to Account Associate
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs, and communicating to all levels of the client ‘s organization, including senior-level positions
- Work experience in international nonprofit grant making
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in an independent work environment
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study and relevant work experience
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite, Box, and Salesforce
How to Apply:
We accept applications on a rolling basis. Early application is appreciated.